Must-Have Products That Give Back to Charities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Do you ever find yourself online shopping, browsing the endless products you can put in your cart and have shipped to your door without ever leaving your dorm room? While getting lost in the depths of the online mall, aimlessly looking for the the purchase you didn’t even know you needed that you now absolutely have to have, do you ever feel like you should be doing something a little more meaningful? Maybe something a little more philanthropic? Well, here are four must-have products that you’ll love and that give back to charity, too!

Love Your Melon

Love Your Melon sells a variety of adorable and fashionable beanies in every color imaginable, and 50% of the profits help fight pediatric cancer!  Love Your Melon even has a Campus Crew, a group of students committed to giving back to kids fighting cancer, here at Boston University!

Get them here

Lokai

Lokai braclets are unique, with one bead holding mud from the Dead Sea and the opposite bead containing water from Mount Everest, to represent balance between the lowest and highest points of the Earth.  These trendy accessories, which are perfect for collecting and layering, have different colors and designs for each charity they promote.  These charities, who receive 10% of the profits, include Make-A-Wish, the Alzheimer’s Association, Susan G. Komen, the World Wildlife Fund, and many more important causes!

Buy one here

One Hope Wine

For those of you who are 21+, One Hope wines are a great way to enjoy an adult beverage and donate to a good cause at the same time! By purchasing their limited edition Pink Glitter bottle you can help fight breast cancer. For every two bottles, you can fund a clinical trial for a woman battling breast cancer. The bottles are not only fun and glamorous, but the wine will only taste more delicious when you know your toasting to a good cause!

Get your bottle here

MAC Viva La Glam

You may know MAC for their fun and contemporary makeup collections, but did you know that their celebrity-endorsed Viva La Glam lip products give back to the MAC Aids Foundation?  The collection, currently being represented by the totally chic Ariana Grande, helps provide resources for those living with HIV/AIDS.  If that’s not enough to get you to purchase, just check out the gorgeous baby pink, violet, and dark mauve colors in Ariana Grande’s collection and you’re sure to fall in love! 

Purchase here

Now that you know you can buy some amazing products and give back to some really great charities at the same time, you can officially justify your online shopping addiction, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn more about a great cause, too!  

Lexa is a junior at Boston University, studying Journalism in the College of Communication. You can often find her sipping on an iced coffee and trying to take an artsy photo that fits her Instagram aesthetic. Lexa hopes she can someday combine her passions for fashion, art, dance, and writing into a career, but for now, she'll be strolling down Comm Ave trying to make #LifeasLexa a personal brand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.