Mother’s Day Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner (Sunday May, 10th!), it’s time to start thinking about buying a gift for that significant matriarch in your family. First, what does your mother like to do: cook, play a sport, knit, go to the spa? If you can’t think of something specific to buy her, here are some ideas!

Generic Gifts:

• Flowers
  • Chocolate
  • Candles

Unique Gifts:

• If you have a lot of time, you could make her a scrapbook of all of your favorite memories and pictures of you and your family.
  • Monogrammed anything. A lot of moms love seeing monogrammed clothing, jewelry, sheets, towels, etc. Try to get her some thing personalized.
  • A personal, hand-written card. A hand-written card goes a long way in today’s world and your mother would very much appreciate a sentimental card written by you.  

Expensive Gifts:

• If you know your mother’s taste really well, then try and pick out a piece of jewelry for her.
  • A handbag or item of clothing you know she has been looking at
  • A spa voucher. If your mom is the type of woman who likes going to the spa, a gift card to a nice spa or booking her an appointment would make her very happy.

If you are on a budget, a handmade coupon book full of free neck massages, and other goodies your mom always asks you to do could be very cute and go a long way! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.