Monday Music Notes: Schuyler’s Favorite Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For my last Monday Music Notes post of the school year, I decided it was time to share some of my personal favorite music. Below is a list of my favorite songs and albums, in no particular order. It was pretty hard to choose since I am a music lover with a plentiful iTunes collection, but these songs made the cut. As I said in my very first post, I have quite eclectic taste in music- enjoy!

Favorite Songs
1. Beyoncé- “Halo”
2. Christina Aguilera- “Impossible”
3. Coldplay- “Lost!”
4. Counting Crows- “Colorblind”
5. Danity Kane- “Damaged”
6. Death Cab for Cutie- “We Looked Like Giants”
7. Demi Lovato- “Fix a Heart”
8. Drake ft. Nicki Minaj- “Up All Night”
9. Eminem- “Spacebound”
10. Eminem ft. Rihanna- “Love the Way You Lie”
11. Fleetwood Mac- “Landslide”
12. The Fugees ft. Lauryn Hill- “Killing Me Softly”
13. Hair- “The Flesh Failures/Eyes Look Your Last/Let The Sun Shine In”
14. Justin Timberlake- “What Goes Around, Comes Around”
15. Lady GaGa- “Alejandro”
16. Lauryn Hill- “Doo Wop (That Thing)”
17. Limp Bizkit- “Behind Blue Eyes (The Who Cover)”
18. OneRepublic- “All This Time”
19. Queen- “Bohemian Rhapsody”
20. Radiohead- “Karma Police”
21. Rick Ross ft. Kanye West, Lil Wayne, & T Pain- “Maybach Music II”
22. Rihanna- “Only Girl (In The World)”
23. Rihanna- “We Found Love”
24. Simple Minds- “Don’t You Forget About Me”
25. Third Eye Blind- “Slow Motion”
26. Tom Petty- “Mary Jane’s Last Dance”

Favorite Albums- I love every track on these albums, and can listen to them on repeat!
1. Christina Aguilera- Stripped
This is my #1 favorite album of all-time. I grew up singing these songs, and to this day I still know every single word. Christina Aguilera is my favorite musical artist and my role model as a singer. Stripped was her way of breaking out of the conventional pop-star role and expressing her true self through music and a revamped image. Her voice’s incredible power and range make this album my absolute favorite!
2. Eminem- Recovery
Eminem is my #1 favorite rapper, and this “comeback” album was more than any fan of his could’ve hoped for. I like every single song on this CD, including the track “Despicable,” which is a freestyle that was released before the album in order to promote it. Eminem’s clever rhymes speak to every individual who has faced obstacles- the songs are relatable, empowering, and truly amazing!
3. Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism
I can listen to this album at pretty much any time. Death Cab’s music is always relaxing with its poetic lyrics and complex instrumentals. Many songs on this album hold special memories for me, which is what makes it one of my favorites.
4. OneRepublic- Waking Up
The songs on this album have a hip-hop sort of vibe because of the percussion involved, which is something that I really love. Orchestral sounds fill the background of every song, with an emphasis on the strings, which relates to me as a former violin player. This album tells a story with powerful, full-sounding tracks.
5. Death Cab for Cutie- Plans
This album is one of my middle school favorites, and will always contain some of my favorite songs, like “Summer Skin” and “Soul Meets Body.”
6. Christina Aguilera- Back to Basics
As my favorite artist, I love all of Christina Aguilera’s albums, but this one in particular really showcases her amazing vocals. The jazz instrumentals are simple and classic- perfectly suited to Aguilera’s voice.

New Music

• B.o.B- Strange Clouds
• Santigold- Master of Make-Believe

HCBU Director of Public Relations/Writer
Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.