This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Megan Kirk’s (CGS/COM ’16) style is what every city girl aspires to obtain. This New Yorker’s urban vibe has followed her to Boston. She’s wearing a Jessica Simpson jacket and Simply Vera by Vera Wang leggings. She accessorizes with a Longchamp tote, Frye boots and Prada glasses. To add a pop of color to her look, she sports a Madewell scarf. “My style changes depending on the trends, but at the root of it, it’s sophisticated and simple,” says Megan. “You can never go wrong with black and white.” For inspiration, she looks to fashion bloggers like Olivia Lopez and fashionistas like Olivia Palermo. Megan’s favorite designers include Oliver Theyskens of Theory and Helmut Lang. “I admire their design philosophies. It’s monochromatic and uncomplicated.”

Follow Megan on twitter: @_megankirk

Lauren Vu is a Boston University alum that studied public relations at the College of Communication. She hails from sunny Orange County, California. On campus, you would find her walking backwards as an Admissions Ambassador and driving the van for Student Food Rescue.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.