Meet Olivia Bible: One of Her Campus’ Fabulous Writers and Future Marine Biologist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Olivia Bible is currently a freshman studying marine biology who I got to know a little bit better through a series of Q&A. She’s well-traveled, has great taste in music, and loves to explore new things. Read on to find out more about her. It’s well worth it!

Maya Fajardo: What’s your name and where are you from?

Olivia Bible: My name is Olivia Bible, and I’m currently a freshman from Belmont, Massachusetts.

MF: What are you currently studying and why?

OB: I’m currently a marine biology major. I chose this major because I’ve always loved the ocean, as it seems like such a different world from ours.

MF: Super importantly, who was on your Spotify Wrapped Playlist for 2018?

OB: My top 5 artists for 2018 were Coldplay, Beach House, BROCKHAMPTON, The Strokes, and MGMT.

MF: Okay, now onto more interesting things. What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled so far?

OB: My favorite places that I’ve traveled are either Italy or Hawaii. I took Latin in high school and junior year I went to Italy with my Latin class. It was so beautiful and the food was so good. We did so much in one day that every day looking back seems to be one of the best days of my life.

In 2015, I went to Hawaii with my family. I’d wanted to go since I was three, and I love the ocean so much, so it was amazing. Most of the beaches we went to were so different than here; huge waves and warm water. We even went to a green sand beach. Honestly, I want to live there someday and study the ocean if I can.”

MF: What is your favorite memory at BU?

OB: My favorite memory at BU might have to be the FY101 trip to Boda Borg. It’s basically this place with physical and mental challenges you have to solve to get to the next room. It’s almost like being in a video game. Or just dancing at parties and forgetting all your stress.

MF: What has been your greatest accomplishment to date?

OB: I guess my biggest accomplishment would have to be getting in here. I didn’t have a near-perfect GPA like a lot of people here, so I didn’t expect to be accepted. For a more specific one, I’m amazed that I survived four seasons of cross country in high school.

MF: And last, but not least, why did you choose to write for Her Campus?

OB: I’ve always liked writing with some creativity involved. I used to write for my school paper way back in middle school, and I thought it’d be fun to get into that again. My favorite article I’ve written was about ten songs for winter [and] since I love listening to music, it was very exciting to find songs for and write [about them].

As someone who also struggled to survive cross country in high school, I can attest that this is, indeed a massive accomplishment. And as for travel, I’ve never been to Hawaii, but after talking to Olivia and hearing how much she loved it, now I really want to go. For more of Olivia’s articles, click here (10/10 recommend her winter playlist for those dark nights).

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Maya is currently a junior in Sargent College at Boston University, studying Human Physiology.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.