Meet Katherine Wright- Ambassador of CHAARG at BU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Katherine Wright is a sophomore from Connecticut majoring in English and minoring in Film/TV at BU. She is the Ambassador of CHAARG, a writer for The Daily Free Now, and an actress on the new BUTV10 show titled “The News”.

Q: As an involved student, how do you manage your time?

A: “Time management is definitely something I’m trying to work on this year. Getting out of my dorm room and studying in coffee shops or common rooms definitely helps me to focus on my schoolwork and limit distractions. I think it’s helpful to set intentions and give yourself a reward for completing it, so it feels like you’re working toward something. Sometimes I set a goal and let myself watch Parks & Rec once I complete it!”

Q: How did you become Ambassador of CHAARG?

A: “I started CHAARG at the beginning of freshman year to try our new workouts and maintain a fitness routine, and ended up falling in love with the community and the social experience of CHAARG. It made exercise so much fun and so attainable, and introduced me to so many amazing people. I applied to be an ambassador at the end of last year, and have loved getting to experience this new type of involvement within CHAARG!”

Q: What’s your favorite part of your position? Least favorite?

A: “My favorite part of the position is getting to meet all of the CHAARG members and getting to experience the events we’ve planned. It’s such a rewarding experience, and it has taught me so much about organization, interacting with outside companies, and leadership. As for my least favorite part, it can definitely get overwhelming or frustrating when something goes wrong at an event or in the planning process, and it is easy to get caught up in the stress or take things too seriously. However, this experience really teaches you how to navigate such situations and try to find humor or see the value in anything that goes wrong!”

Q: Why should girls join CHAARG?

A: “I think a lot of girls would be surprised that CHAARG can make working out fun. It’s so easy to get caught up in feeling like you don’t have time to go to the gym or take care of yourself, so having a designated space to try new workout and make friends can really make all the difference. CHAARG has proven to me that exercise can increase your energy levels and boost your mood, all while getting to experience kickboxing or dance cardio or paddle board yoga or any number of unique, crazy workouts. I am so grateful for the healthy lifestyle CHAARG has helped introduce to me, as well as the amazing community it has introduced me to, and I hope that other girls can find a similar experience in CHAARG!”

Katherine Wright is a prime example of how getting involved in your freshman year makes a huge difference in your college experience. As only a sophomore, she is the leader of an organization with over 130 members that empowers women. Wright is a positive presence in all things she does, and I am so lucky to call her a friend!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Meaghan Merriman is a junior studying Behavior & Health in Sargent College at Boston University. She is an Event Coordinator for CHAARG and a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.