Meet India Pearman: A Creator, Traveler, Runner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

“I’m still undecided about what I want to study – I just could never imagine myself sitting at a desk all day.” – India Pearman

India Pearman is a freshman communications student at Boston University, originally from just outside of Los Angeles. Currently, in her first semester at BU, she’s not entirely sure about what she’d like to do with her career, although she is interested in advertising, film, and television because of the creativity those professions allow.

“I chose to study in COM because I like talking and meeting new people, and I feel like there is a lot of creative opportunities,” India told me when we spoke one afternoon in the COM lounge, surrounded by the diverse and driven student body she made reference to.

Although India is still undecided as to what she’d like to study and make a career out of, she knows what kind of life she’d like to lead. She explained that the arts are appealing to her because artists are so dedicated to their craft, have unique interests, and never seem to truly be working. She wants a job that will be enjoyable, one that doesn’t even feel like a real job.

India has a passion for traveling – she spent this past summer backpacking around Europe with her friends.

India also hopes that her career will provide her with the opportunity to travel often. This past summer, she backpacked around Europe this summer with her friends. They spent every last penny they had but, as India said, “it was worth it” for what was a once in a lifetime experience. This Christmas she’s going to Thailand with her boyfriend, which they’ve chosen because everything is very cheap and she won’t have to worry about money like she did in Europe.

Although her first months at BU have been hectic and she hasn’t had much time to do so, India also loves running. She ran the Los Angeles marathon last year after training for six months. She loves that an opportunity like that forces you to dedicate yourself to it every day and, although it was extremely hard, she says it was all worth it.

India is also a dedicated runner – she trained for six months to run the L.A. marathon last summer!

Right now, India is looking forward to her vacation in December. In the meantime, she is researching internships in advertising and film, which she hopes will help her make a final decision as to what she’d like to study.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ausma Palmer is a writer, photographer, and filmmaker from New York. She is currently a journalism student at Boston University and specializes in writing opinion pieces on gender issues and politics, as well as film and book reviews.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.