kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Look at These Baby Animals for a Cuteness Overload and a Productivity Increase

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It is officially November which means we are so close to Thanksgiving break, but we also have a lot of work to get through before we can stuff our faces with pumpkin pie. Whether you are studying for a test or writing an essay, everyone needs a break. And, if you want that break to make you more productive, then you should look at pictures of baby animals. 

I know it seems crazy, but I promise that not only will the photos fill your heart with joy, they will be beneficial to your productivity. And it is even proven by science!

A study done in Japan showed that students who looked at photos of baby animals paid more attention to detail and outperformed the students that did not look at the photos. “Results show that participants performed tasks requiring focused attention more carefully after viewing cute images. This is interpreted as the result of a narrowed attentional focus induced by the cuteness-triggered positive emotion that is associated with approach motivation and the tendency toward systematic processing,” according to a Huffington Post article on the Japanese study. 

So, if you want to crush that exam, your studying should include looking at baby animals—even if it is only for ten minutes. 

Below, I have included some of the cutest baby animals from puppies and kittens to lambs and bear cubs. Feel free to scroll through and ‘aww’ continuously for the next ten minutes.

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Source: Pexels 

Why stop with photos? Here are some GIFs because you deserve a longer study break!

Hope that study break was helpful and didn’t make you want to build a farm and adopt them all—like me!!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Peyton is a sophomore at Boston University majoring in journalism in the College of Communication and minoring in Women, Gender and Sexuality. Besides writing for Her Campus, Peyton also writes for the Daily Free Press and is a member of Students for Reproductive Freedom. In her free time, she tries to find the best places for dessert in Boston and reads along with Emma Watson's book club "Our Shared Shelf."
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.