etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Whether it’s been a long, hard, or even an average day, we can all use a pick-me-up every once in a while. Sometimes you won’t have to look further than your everyday routine to find the little things that brighten your day.

Here are a few:

Writing on a fresh sheet of notebook paper

There’s something about feeling a crisp, clean sheet of paper under your smooth gliding pen while taking notes that makes writing that much more refreshing and enjoyable.

Running into people you know on the street

Going to a big school means it’s extra exciting to see a familiar face around campus, and passing by a friend and aggressively waving always initiates a smile.

Your favorite song coming on shuffle

Because sometimes all you need is to hear the familiar opening instrumentals to start feeling perky again.

Finding that extra piece of gum at the bottom of your bag

Nothing says “yay!” like finding a surprise piece of your favorite gum when you thought the pack was long gone.

Having your favorite food in the dining hall

Whether it’s the Warren mac and cheese or butternut squash soup, your favorite comfort food at the end of a long day is an instant pick-me-up. 

Long citation pages at the end of assigned reading

No one wants to do a twenty-something page reading for class, so it’s always nice to see that the last few pages are actually just citation pages.

What do you find uplifting in your daily lives?

Jessica is a senior at Boston University, studying in the School of Communication with a major in Mass Communication, a minor in Cinema & Media Studies and is on the Pre-Law Track. She made the move from Westchester, NY to Boston, and is living in a constant fear of the impending winter. When not in class, she could be found obsessing over Harry Potter or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making poorly timed puns, or drinking an excess of tea.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.