Lily Meyers (CAS ’19)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Introducing Lily Meyers, a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences pursuing a major in Psychology.  

Lily explained why she chose her major, saying, “I was always intrigued by how people’s thought process worked and why people behaved in certain ways, and I always like listening and knew I wanted to be a therapist.” 

Not only does Lily want to help people through her profession, but she is already busy serving the community.  Once a week, Lily tutors a student in nearby Allston, helping her with her assignments.  “I wanted to give back to the greater Boston community,” Lily explained.  She also values her time spent tutoring because of “the real one-on-one connection we have.”

Lily also participates in Conversation Club, a BU organization where students facilitate conversation with CELOP students, or English language learners, who are looking to improve their English skills.  Lily said that the best part about the club is learning about cultures she never would have known about. “There’s even a girl in the club from Easter Island!” 

When she’s not at one of her various service activities on and off campus, Lily loves spending time with the friends she’s met at BU.  “My friends are my favorite part about BU,” Lily admitted.  On the weekends she loves trying new restaurants with her squad, but her favorite spot is T Anthony’s.  “I love going to T’s with my friends and getting Jalapeño Poppers.”

Lily definitely balances service, work and fun, but one thing’s for sure, we can’t wait to see what she does next!   

Lexa is a junior at Boston University, studying Journalism in the College of Communication. You can often find her sipping on an iced coffee and trying to take an artsy photo that fits her Instagram aesthetic. Lexa hopes she can someday combine her passions for fashion, art, dance, and writing into a career, but for now, she'll be strolling down Comm Ave trying to make #LifeasLexa a personal brand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.