Let Them Eat Macarons: New Food Truck in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I have three words for you: Macaron. Food. Truck. Put them together and you’ve got the description for Cameo Macaron, the newest gourmet addition to the four-wheeled eateries that rove the streets of Boston. Owned by Northeastern grad Kinesha Goldson, Cameo Macaron will be the second French food truck in Boston, joining La Tour Eiffel, The Paris Creperie’s mobile store.

According to the business’ Facebook page, you can expect the truck to hit the streets by early February.  Keep your eyes out for the light pink bakery on wheels around the Back Bay area near Newbury and Boylston streets.

Can’t wait to taste their delectable creations? Cameo Macarons is currently accepting orders for Valentine’s Day.  Show your sweetie you care with a box of treats…or hint that he pick-up a dozen for you.

If you haven’t tasted the Francophile’s favorite circular confection, you’ve probably stumbled upon one or two Pinterest recipes for them.  A delicacy fit for Marie Antoinette herself, macaroons are a meringue-based dessert that originated in France. Made with ganache filling and a pair of airy cookies, the macaron – not to be confused with the macaroon – can be described as a dessert sandwich. Pastel and petite, macarons come in an array of flavors: passion fruit, salted caramel, raspberry, and lemon, among others.  Let the assorted pastry take you from Boylston Street to the Champs-Elysees in one bite.

Follow Cameo Macarons on Twitter, Instagram, and like them on Facebook for their latest news, including events where you can be one of the first to get a taste. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.