A Lady of Leadership — Meet BU Junior, Nicole Reichwald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Behind Nicole Reichwald’s charisma and lively personality is a hardworking and involved leader of the Boston University community. The Los Angeles native holds numerous leadership positions and speaks to the true success of involved students.

Now a sociology major, Nicole came into BU undeclared and fearful that she would not find a major she was passionate about. After venturing into sociology courses, she discovered an underlying passion for examining the world from a social perspective. Learning how society functions has made Nicole adept to handle just about any leadership role.

The payoff of campus involvement has been fundamental to Nicole’s BU experience. “Being involved on campus is one of the best things I’ve done since coming to BU,” she said. “Not only does it keep me busy, but it introduces me to all kinds of people that I would not have met otherwise.”

This past year, Nicole was a member of the executive board of her sorority, Sigma Delta Tau. She worked as the Vice President of Philanthropy and coordinated a campus philanthropy event that hosted more than 350 guests.

“Joining my sorority freshman year was a very valuable aspect of my college career,” she said. “It introduced me to some of my best friends, and gave me the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader on executive board.”

Nicole was also a Peer Mentor for the BU Freshman Year Experience course (FY 101). She advised first years on the ins and outs of BU and stood as a role model for many students.

“Being a peer mentor was also an amazing experience as I feel like it gave me the chance to make an impact and help freshman in their first semester at BU,” she said. “Not only was I a resource and mentor for 17 freshman in my FY101 class, but I also had the opportunity to take ED245, a class specifically for Peer Mentors, where we learn all the skills necessary to be excellent role models for our freshmen.”

The BU junior is also a Dean’s Host for the College of Arts and Sciences, where she engages with prospective and admitted students as a college leader. In this impactful professional program, Nicole shares her enthusiasm as a representative for the college.

“Being involved in CAS leadership was truly amazing and gave me the chance to meet some of my closest friends,” she said. “The best part about this whole program is talking to an admitted student at an open house, and the seeing them on campus in the fall.”

Nicole truly dedicates her time to everything she is involved in. On top of her tremendous leadership roles, she still manages to take a full course load and have an internship.

“While each of these activities takes up a considerable amount of time, I love being busy and am at my best and happiest when I am busy,” she said. “I think the best part about BU is the freedom and ability to have balance in my life.”

This lady of leadership’s immense dedication is so inspiring. She should teach us all her secret to balance!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.