This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The sun is finally out in full force in Boston! After one of the roughest winters in history, everyone on campus is excited to pack away their heavy coats and bring on those bright spring streetstoppers. 

One student who is definitely embracing the beautiful weather just by her outfit choices is freshman Kara Webb who is currently studying Computer Science in the College of General Studies with plans of transferring to either CAS or the Questrom School of Business. Kara’s sense of style is partly inspired by her mother, who worked as a fashion designer and lends Kara many unique vintage hand-me-downs. The fashionable freshman also gets new ideas from observing people’s street style and always tries to look for affordable steals and deals.

Kara’s floral dress from Urban Outfitters and matching pink lipstick perfectly embody the classic pretty, optimistic vibe of a warm afternoon. The pops of color are a refreshing sight after months of jeans, neutral sweaters and dark snow boots being the go-to for practically every coed in the Northeast. 

However, by adding a long, grey Ralph Lauren cardigan, which she borrowed from her mother’s closet, and shiny burgundy combat boots from online shop boohoo, Webb adds a more funky and structured feel to her light outfit. Both the cardigan and boots are perfect for girls trying to transition their wardrobe between seasons or for those who worry about their day outfits not keeping them warm when they go out at night with friends. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.