Josh Lee (Questrom ‘16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are looking for a hilarious, yet super genuine cutie, than look no further than Joshua “Josh” Lee. This California raised senior studying marketing in the Questrom School of Business has always been one for adventure. He especially loves exploring Boston because of the constant change and excitement, like new stores, restaurants, or just cool events to check out. 

“My favorite thing is shopping to be honest.” Josh laughs. “I like trying out new bars and clubs here and there but I also love just taking it easy, listening to music for HOURS, reading articles, or watching basketball or football whenever they’re on.” 

Calling all ladies that dabble in the taco lifestyle! Josh is obsessed with Mexican food. At home, Josh and his friends drive miles away to get the most authentic Mexican food. In case Mexican isn’t your style, don’t worry!  Josh is also a big fan of Asian dishes: Korean, Thai, and Japanese, which are all foods he grew up eating at home.

“My favorite place, though, is Cane’s! Don’t even need to elaborate on that.” 

Speaking of home, Josh has lived most of his life in LA, so he was already used to city life when he came to Boston. That’s why his favorite aspect of BU, and the city of Boston in general, is the diversity in its people and opportunities. He loves that he can be hanging out with someone from Connecticut, Brazil, and China all at once.

“We’re all so different but just vibe.” Josh explains, “I think that’s the coolest thing ever.” 

For Josh, being a senior is just as weird as it is bittersweet.

“Sometimes I stop and can’t imagine that I’ve made it this far, but other times I’m really excited with whatever’s coming next.”

Five years from now, Josh says he sees himself working within a fashion brand. With an equal love for business and clothing, he would love to be behind the scenes for a brand, whether it’s in sales analysis, promoting, creative direction, or basic management. 

“I’d love to be working within a brand I truly support, and if that doesn’t work out, I’ll probably focus more on my rap career” Josh smiles. 

Josh will always be a Los Angeles boy at heart and says it’s hard to imagine living anywhere else. However, he absolutely loves Miami and says he tries to go at least once a year because of, “Miami’s culture, clubs, stores, and even food, it’s all something special and different.”

In a lady, this always-smiling cutie looks for positivity!

“Sure, I like a girl with a cute smile or good style (or good appearance) but just being able to hang out and just be genuinely happy, that’s so dope.”

He says he thinks every girl is cool in her own way, but being able to have a meaningful conversation or a good time without feeling like it’s forced, that’s something special!

Samantha is a junior Broadcast Journalism major in the College of Communication at Boston University. She is the celebrity news anchor on Good Morning BU on BUTV 10. The campus Manager for University Tees and the current Vice President of Recruitment for sorority. She firmly believes that not all who wonder are lost, the ability of food to fuel the soul.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.