This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I first met John Ferraro, a sophomore in CAS, after he knocked on my dorm room door during the first week of classes, ready to introduce himself to my roommates and I. Originally from Rhode Island, John came to BU to study Environmental Analysis and Policy and IR.

A typical day for John includes attending class, going on a run and most importantly attending to his duties working in the Student Activities Office (SAO) as an Activities Consultant. You know the event, “Not your Grandma’s Bingo” held in September at the beginning of the semester? Well, John was one of the lovely Activities Consultants that helped to make the event possible!

Working in SAO is no easy job as BU has over 500 clubs and organizations on campus that all need help planning events throughout the semester. As an Activities Consultant John helps these groups fill out paperwork and plan their events. The Activities Consultants also are responsible for planning university-wide events throughout the year.

“Right now, we’re working on finishing up plans for the BU Amazing Race, but we also plan events like the Activities Expos, Excellence in Student Activities Awards, among other events,” says John.

Besides working at SAO, John is a CAS Dean’s Host, the Treasurer for I Embrace You (aka the free hugs club), and a member of Delta Tau Delta.

A few fun facts about John include:

• He ran the Rock and Roll 10k in Brooklyn this Fall
  • His favorite spot on campus is the secret study space on the 6th floor of Mugar
  • He loves the Boston Public Library.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."