This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Since we’re spending so much time at home on our own, it’s essential to have the right playlist to jam along and not feel isolated in silence! I’ve had these songs on repeat during the month of September! Some are new, some are old, and some just give me September vibes. 

Cowboy in LA – LANY

“Cowboy in LA” was released in mid-September as a single, in anticipation of LANY’s next album, titled Mama’s Boy. The band has released three tracks from the album before “Cowboy in LA,” and the album is scheduled to release on Oct. 2, 2020. I, without fail, love every song released by LANY, and the imagery for this one is just so fun, I have had it on repeat since it came out.

august – Taylor Swift

I don’t think it’s a surprise to anyone that a track from Folklore is on this playlist. I love the entire album, and despite this one being titled after a summer season, it gives me serious September vibes. The bridge of the song is so beautiful, and it makes me feel nostalgic for the summer. As with all of the songs on Folklore, this track was written by Taylor Swift herself as well as singer/songwriter Jack Antonoff. 

Can I Call You Tonight? – Dayglow

This is actually an older song, released in Jan. 2018, that I discovered this month. It was written and produced by Sloan Struble, who goes by the title “Dayglow.” The track is a perfect song for studying or just walking around in the sunshine. It’s upbeat and fun, but also great background music.

is your bedroom ceiling bored? – Sody ft. Cavetown

“is your bedroom ceiling bored?” was released in late July, but I didn’t discover it until earlier this month. I had never heard of either of these artists before, but I can’t stop listening to this song. Each artist sings one verse, coming together for a beautiful chorus that I can’t get out of my head.

Staring At The Sun – Post Malone ft. SZA

This is another track that was released a while ago, in early September 2019, but I hadn’t heard it until now. It’s on Post Malone’s album titled Hollywood’s Bleeding This is an upbeat track featuring SZA, who co-wrote the track with Post Malone among others. 

The Cut That Always Bleeds – Conan Gray

Ever since Conan Gray’s newest album Kid Krow came out on Mar. 20, 2020, I have not stopped listening. I love every song, but this one has been my favorite this month. Conan Gray wrote this song about his past relationship noting that, “It was like no matter what I did, I was just trapped.” The heartbreaking lyrics accompanied with soft instrumentals make this a beautiful song that I highly recommend. 

Knife Under My Pillow – Maggie Lindemann

This song is definitely a different vibe than most of the songs on this playlist, but I haven’t stopped listening to it since its release in late August. Maggie Lindemann co-wrote the song, and said it was inspired by her experience living in a house with the paranoia that there was someone there with her. 

Colorblind – Lewis Watson ft. Hudson Taylor

This song is from 2013, but every Lewis Watson song gives me major fall vibes, so I had to put one on here. This song is just one out of thirty three on his album titled, The Morning (All Of The Songs.) Lewis Watson is an english singer-songwriter, and his newest album, the love that you want, came out in late May. That album also gives great fall vibes, I would recommend it!

I hope you enjoyed my list of songs! If you did, feel free to follow me on Spotify @im_justjenny; this playlist is titled “Jenny’s tunes of September.”

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Jenny is a sophmore at Boston University. She is studying psychology with a minor in special education. She is from Massachusetts, and loves all things MA! Her hobbies include listening to music, watching hockey games, and drinking coffee!