Culture > News

Jenny B. Pranked Me, and She’ll Prank You Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A few weeks ago, a letter was sent to my parent’s house addressed to me. However, there was no return address or sender. My dad sent me a photo telling me that I got mail. I told him to open it because I have nothing to hide—right!? Wrong. 

Yep, it was a card congratulating my non-existent pregnancy. I was happy that my mom opened it instead of my dad, but it got worse. Inside the card was a message of excitement, dozens of coupons, and tons of gift cards for pretty much anything pertaining to having a baby, signed “Jenny B.”

I do not know a single Jenny B., and I am definitely not about to have a child! So, I had to convince my parents that this was 100% a prank!

After I did some snooping, calling friends and trying to blame theme for this trickery, I found no culprit. It wasn’t until my friend sent me a viral TikTok video of a girl who got the exact same letter that I realized this was just a straight-up scam. Apparently, it’s a marketing ploy by a company in Utah. These letters are being sent all across the country, scaring parents and teenagers everywhere. 

At the end of the day, it’s honestly a great story, but beware a pink envelope with no return address in your mailbox. It’s most likely just “Jenny B.” trying to get you to buy a 50 pack of diapers! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is an English major at Boston University. She hopes to have a novel published and write for a sketch comedy show one day. In her free time she reads, writes, and paints. She loves to make people laugh and fully believes in aliens.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.