Jason Feldman ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Jason Max Feldman, originally from Atlanta, Georgia, is a freshman in CGS looking to transfer to the College of Communication. Although it is just his first year at Boston University, Jason is already immensely involved on campus with Greek life and a capella groups, and he definitely knows where he wants to go in life.

Jason’s current resume at BU is impressive to say the least. He is the philanthropy chair for the Sigma Chi fraternity (which raised over $20,000 last week for the Huntsman Cancer Institute) and Inter Fraternal Council Delegate. In addition to Greek life, Jason is a member of Kol Echad, BU’s co-ed Jewish a capella group, and was recently selected to be a CGS Dean’s host for next year. When asked what he does off-campus, Jason admits “Unfortunately, I’m too busy to have a job and really just focus on my on-campus affairs!”

While he’s all about hanging out with his brothers and raising money for other notable organizations such as Red Cross, Jason has enjoyed his classes at BU as well. His favorite professor so far is Professor Joellen Masters who taught his CGS Humanities course. “She’s an incredible knowledgeable woman who brings in a lot of different aspects to her class… she makes learning interesting and different; she makes me excited to go to class.”

After he graduates, Mr. Feldman looks to open and run a major PR firm, record label, and restaurant group. Yes, ladies, he’s going places! Jason recognizes that he has many interests and goals but one of his beliefs is that you must love what you do to be successful. Jason told HerCampus how he loves Boston, “except for the weather,” but is a southern boy at heart and wants to get back to Atlanta in a few years. “I was raised on southern comfort and hospitality. I miss the southern atmosphere, especially the food,” says Jason.

Before the year comes to a close, you can find Jason celebrating his first Marathon Monday with his friends and fraternity brothers or hanging out at Zaftigs, his favorite Jewish deli in Boston (where he likes Sunday brunch, hint hint!). This dynamic and approachable Campus Cutie will be spending his summer interning in Atlanta for Modern Luxury Media Company.

Fun Facts about Jason Feldman:

Starbucks or Espresso Royale Café: ERC is basically my office. I always go there; great coffee, chill atmosphere. When I want to study, I got to Blue State. They have the best pancakes.

What were you like as a child: When I was little my family and friends would call me “Big Dawg.” Basically, I was a fat child.

Worst fashion choice by women: Jeggings. I don’t get it. Just wear jeans…

Would you rather be a sailor or a pirate? I tried sailing the first two weeks of school and it failed miserably. So, I choose pirate.

Favorite music/books/movies? I have an eclectic taste but I love listening to John Mayer and Michael Buble. Book-wise, I’m more of a New York Times kind of guy; it’s my homepage. But, my favorite movie is The Breakfast Club—I could watch it over and over again.

Most influential person in your life: My grandmother, Clara Feldman. She has always been my biggest fan. Whatever I do, she’s the first one to support me. I talk to her on a weekly basis and my conversations with her are always the high point of my week.

Something you want to do before you graduate: I want to go to the bar in Harvard where Matt Damon wrote “Goodwill Hunting” and sit in his exact spot. 

Allison Milam is a sophomore at Boston University double majoring in Communications/Advertising and Sociology. After living in sunny Sarasota, Florida for her first eighteen years, Allison shipped up to Boston for a new climate and a new start. She spends most her time working with the Community Service Center, writing for the Buzz Magazine at Boston University, and participating on BU's National Student Advertising Competition's team. She has a passion for cooking, eating, and talking about food, and hopes to attend culinary school after she graduates from BU. Allison spent the summer of 2010 as the resident food writer for SRQ Magazine back home in Sarasota, and continues to do freelance. Whenever she can squeeze it in, Allison loves watching Weeds and Mad Men. Her goal is to attend as many concerts and meet as many famous people as possible while living in Boston! Allison loves living the city lifestyle and hopes to one day write for Bon Appetit magazine or work for a cutting-edge advertising agency!