If Turks and Caicos Isn’t on Your Travel List, it Should Be Number One

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A 3-hour-and-40-minute flight from Boston’s Logan Airport brings you to the magical Turks and Caicos Islands. Located near the Bahamas and the Dominican Republic, this British overseas territory is home to everything you need for a beach getaway.

Credit: Sonja Caballero

The resorts scattered along the seemingly endless beachfront are incredible. They feature various room options and all have the look of any dream beach villa. The prominent turquoise and peach colors stick out the most and add to the aesthetic.

I had the pleasure of staying at the Somerset on Grace Bay and I couldn’t haven’t felt more at home. The long infinity pool that ran through the center of the resort added a tranquil feeling to the week of relaxation. The staff who met us at the front lobby with drinks made the experience even more unforgettable.

Credit: Sonja Caballero

The beaches in TCI are everything you could ever want in a beach – white sand, turquoise water, and coastline that never ends. Snorkeling, paddle boarding, and parasailing were just some of the activities to take advantage of the ocean’s beauty.

One of my favorite parts of this trip was the restaurants. The local island feels to each restaurant made every dinner so special. Some of the common items on the menu included conch fritters, grouper fillets, and coffee-rubbed tuna. This delicious cuisine was complemented by the beachfront tables and the other restaurants that were quite literally placed in a palm tree maze.

We frequented Bay Bistro during the week-long trip as they offered various brunch, lunch, and dinner options. They even accommodated a dinner table directly on the beach for us! Another notable spot was Coco Bistro where the palm trees hugged the tables and created an intimate and almost surreal dining experience.

Credit: Sonja Caballero

Tropical getaways are always a must and Turks and Caicos makes relaxation a (sea)breeze.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.