Style > Beauty

I Tried Glossier for the First Time and Here’s What I Thought

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This summer Glossier opened a pop-up shop in Boston’s Seaport District. Located in the center of big, modern buildings and the harbor, Glossier’s Boston location offers customer-focused shopping for a fresh-faced look.

Upon arriving at the location, you’ll notice the different light pink, almost storage unit shaped buildings that each have their own purpose. One for all products, one for brows, one for perfume, etc. Each of the rooms are complete with beautiful displays of makeup products and flowers. 

A post shared by Glossier (@glossier) on

You have the opportunity to try the products you’ve seen online! And the staff are so helpful, they’re there to answer all of your questions. Once you’ve decided on any products you want to buy, they help you order them to pick up a few minutes later. 

My only complaint was that it was very crowded inside and hard to maneuver, but that was no one’s fault other than the popularity of the brand and the small size of the storerooms. Therefore, it’s definitely to be expected. 

After browsing the shop for a while, I decided to try the Birthday Balm Dotcom. A universal skin salve with a hint of sparkle, Birthday Balm Dotcom smells like actual birthday cake. It’s super moisturizing and adds a little glow to a fresh face. I’ve even used it as a highlighter! 

My initial reaction, and what ultimately convinced me to buy the product is the smell. It actually smells like you’re applying a freshly-baked pastry to your lips. If that isn’t enough to sell you, the packaging is to die for.  One thing I will say is that Glossier as a brand definitely markets their products well. Everything is so aesthetically pleasing it’s hard to stay away. 

Once I tried my first Glossier product, I was hooked. I love how effortlessly put together they make you feel. I’m already searching online for my new purchase because, let’s face it, we all want an easier routine in the morning and Glossier makes getting ready so simple. 

These products provide the little confidence boost you need to get through the day. 

I may not be a beauty guru, but Glossier sure makes me feel like one!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.