How to Take a Day Trip to Cape Cod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are not from Massachusetts, you might think that getting to Cape Cod without a car is impossible. But by bus or by train, a relaxing day in the Cape can be a reality. A trip to Cape Cod is the perfect way to de-stress after midterms and explore New England. Even in the off-season, the Cape is a great place to relax.

Greyhound offers buses from Boston to Woods Hole in Falmouth. When you get off of the bus in Falmouth, you have a few options to explore the Cape. You can take the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard, where you’ll find lots of scenic small-town charm and great food. But, if you choose to stay in Woods Hole, your first stop should be Pie in the Sky. The local bakery is open from 5 a.m-11 p.m, and their baked goods and coffee are as commendable as their service. The bakery is famous for their popovers, which are buttery, and excellent when used to sandwich eggs and bacon.

After your trip to Pie in the Sky, you will be quite full and may want to walk off all of that food. Take a stroll down the bike trail by the ferry parking lot, where you can see great ocean views and enjoy the fall foliage.    

A short Uber away is Falmouth Center, where you can explore local shops and restaurants. Once you are ready to eat again, Pickle Jar Kitchen is the perfect place to enjoy great food in a low-key atmosphere. Plus, they serve breakfast and lunch made with local ingredients.

Falmouth Center also has plenty of cute shops with local products. Get your holiday shopping done early, or buy something for yourself! 

For dinner, Anejo serves amazing Mexican food in a fun atmosphere. The guacamole is made fresh right at your table, and all of the food is authentic and innovative. 

After a long day in the Cape, you’ll feel tired but refreshed after getting out of the busy city for a day. Even without a car, this trip is both feasible and affordable!  

Jill is a Sophomore at Boston University. She is studying journalism and enjoys listening to music, yoga, traveling, and any activity that involves food!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.