ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Shop for Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Growing up in a house full of girls, I was never faced with the challenge of shopping for the opposite gender until the holiday season last year. As soon as December hit, I was up in arms with the struggle to find the perfect gift. What do boys like? What’s a good gift? What’s a weird gift? Does this come on too strong? Is this not enough? How much should I spend? All of these questions rattled in my brain. So to make things easier for any of you on the rigorous gift hunt for “him”, I put together a list of ideas that cannot go wrong!

1. Music

Whether he is a music fanatic or just listens in his car, you can’t fail him with a T-shirt from his favorite band or that new album he was eyeing in the store. 

2. Accessories

You may think that accessories are just for girls, but no guy would ever turn down a nice watch or a cool beanie.  Pay attention to his style.  Is he hipster?  Or punk?  Sporty?  Or traditional?  Either way, you are bound to find an accessory he will love.

3. Shoes

If you are looking to buy something a little pricier for your man this season, think about buying him a new pair of kicks.  Shoes are a great gift to give because they are a little more expensive, but make sure to pay attention to his shoe size and style, so you are sure to pick the right fit.

4. Food

Maybe you two just started seeing each other or decided not to do gifts.  A box of homemade cookies can never go wrong.  It shows that you care and reveals a little talent! 

5. Date Night

Many couples decide not to do gifts because it’s such a hassle to shop for each other.  Instead of giving nothing, promise a trip to the zoo or a romantic dinner followed by a movie.  Time together is often more intimate than any material item.

Shopping for your guy may sound frightening, but it doesn’t have to be.  Bring it back to the roots of your relationship.  How did you two meet?  What do you have in common?  What do you enjoy doing together? Keep these in mind and you are bound to find the perfect gift this holiday season!

Celia is a freshman at Boston University in the College of Communication.  She is currently undecided but is interested in Public Relations and Mass Communication.  Her outside interests include fashion, fitness, and fine dining.  When she is not studying or working for HerCampus, she spends her time filming and editing YouTube videos for her fashion and lifestyle channel.  She hopes to someday be a celebrity event planner or host her own talk show.  In the meantime, she plans to take in college one day at a time. Check out Celia's YouTube channel and follow her on Twitter.www.youtube.com/user/StyleMeCeliaTwitter: @stylemecelia
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis