How To Keep Your Spring Break Tan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you went anywhere with sun over Spring Break, you were probably happy to return to the tundra of Boston looking a couple shades darker than the snow. With only about six weeks until summer, it would be amazing to keep that base tan until the break! Here are some easy steps that will keep you looking like a bronzed goddess for the rest of the school year:

1.     Stay hydrated- drink at least 91 ounces of water everyday

Regardless of the fact that drinking 91 ounces of water every day has many health benefits, it also prevents skin from flaking. You’ll be less likely to peel if you drink approximately three Nalgene bottles a day!

2.     Moisturize twice a day

Staying hydrated on the outside is just as important as staying hydrated on the inside. If you want to keep your tan for as long as possible, begin routinely moisturizing when you wake up and go to bed. If you want a little extra color boost, try using lotion with color tint, like Jergen’s Natural Glow.

3.     Switch up your diet

Foods like turkey, egg whites, cottage cheese, salmon, soy, almonds, and avocados all have been proven to keep a tan! All of these foods contain tyrosine, an amino acid that encourages melanin production, thus boosting a tan.

4.     Wear bright colors

Wearing bright nail polish, lipsticks, and clothing can give the illusion that you’re tanner than you actually are. Incorporate some neon pieces into your wardrobe and you’ll look a few shades darker!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.