How to Fix a Bad Hair Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

No matter what type of hair you have, you’re bound to have a day where it’s is just not doing what you want it to. Personally, if my hair does not look good, I won’t feel good. I feel like no matter what I wear I just won’t look acceptable.

Here are some quick and easy tips for looking great even when the hair odds are not in your favor:

1. A staple item to use in your hair is Organix Moroccan Oil. It’s the perfect asset to create shinny and frizz free hair. Just put some in your hands and rub throughout your wet hair from root to tip to ensure hair perfection.

2. When you don’t have time to wash your hair, try using dry shampoo. This product takes out the grease and oil, making your hair look freshly cleaned. The brand I use, No Drought by Lush, is a light powder made out of all natural ingredients. Put some in your hands, rub them together, and lightly massage it into your scalp where it looks oily. Your hair will look good as new.

3. If you wake up and there’s no way to wear your hair down, try a braid. They can be professional or stylish. You can do an all-natural braid to the side, or dress it up with funky braids like a fish tail or French braid. This easy hairstyle takes less than a minute to execute.

4. When it is just one of those days where you want to run and hide, a hat will do the trick. A hat can cover up any bad hairstyle. Please do not just wear any old hat. A baseball cap or snow hat (if it’s not the winter) will just not do. Beanies are a cute accessory that can be worn inside and will match any outfit. Your hair can either be in a ponytail or down and it will always look great.

5. Headbands are also another useful accessory. If your hair is greasy or not cooperating in the front, you can just push it back with a pretty headband.

6. Up-do’s are also a great way to hide frizzy, dirty hair. The sock bun is the newest trend. Either use an actual cut-up sock, or Conair’s “bun maker” that helps create a perfect sock bun. There are many videos online explaining the steps. Another up-do is the simple and chic slicked back ponytail. Lightly wet your hair on the top and brush it back into a pony then use hair spray is needed to keep the fly-aways down.

These tips are simple and easy ways to suppress the bad hair dilemma. Now you never have to go out feeling messy or unprofessional. I hope these tips help you next time you wake up and realize that it is just another bad hair day.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.