This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A few weeks back, I did an overview of my favorite drugstore makeup products for people who love makeup but are on a budget. Though I do love my drugstore products, I am also willing to spend occasionally spend a little extra on something from Sephora. As I have built this collection over the years, here is a list of the best high-end makeup products if you are looking to splurge.

1. Primer

Photo Credit: Sephora

Primer is one product I have only ever bought at the drugstore. This is the first item going on your face, so it is important that it will work to keep your makeup in place all day. While primers can do a number of things –– from brightening your look to mattifying the skin –– I prefer to use one that minimizes my pores. I’ve found that the Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Primer is the best for the job. A little product goes a long way with this primer since people primarily need it for the areas of the face that need pores filled. The product retails for $31 at Sephora.

2. Foundation

Photo Credit: Makeup Forever

While I do love my drugstore foundations, nothing truly compares to the coverage and finish of the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I usually will only pick up this foundation if I am going to an event since it has no SPF and looks great in photos. The product retails for $43 at Sephora.

For something that has more of a dewy finish and looks great on any occasion is the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. The product comes in a variety of shades, and you can easily build up the coverage if needed. The only drawback to this product is that it does not come with a pump, meaning I oftentimes will pour out too much product at once, so be careful! The product retails for $47 at Sephora.

3. Concealer

Photo Credit: Nars

While I do love my drugstore concealers, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is the perfect under eye concealer that comes in a variety of shades. The makeup blends beautifully into the skin, and the product stays in place all day. The product retails for $28 at Sephora.

4. Blush

Credit: MakeupAlley

There are a variety of high-end blushes, but my favorite line at Sephora has to be Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush. The product comes in 14 different shades –– from shimmer to matte finishes –– so you are guaranteed to find the perfect color. If you are looking for a natural shade, my favorite is Peachy-Nude which is great for everyday wear. The product retails for $29 at Sephora.

If you are looking for a blush that is a little more unique, the Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Box o’Powder Blush is a light pink shade with a radiant finish. This pink is perfect for the spring season while still giving off a natural look. The product retails for $29 at Sephora.

5. Bronzer

Photo Credit: Too Faced

There are a few good high-end bronzers, but the one I find myself always coming back to is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. This matte bronzer comes in three shades: Milk Chocolate, Chocolate Soleil, and Dark Chocolate, perfect for all skin-tones. As well as giving you a beautiful sun-kissed look, the best part of the product is that it smells like chocolate! The bronzer retails for $30 at Sephora.

6. Highlighter

Photo Credit: BECCA Cosmetics

Almost every makeup lover has at least heard of the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter, and for a good reason! With 11 colors, each highlight gives off a certain look that anyone can wear. While many love the shade Champagne Pop, my personal favorite is Opal, a golden pearl highlight. The product retails for $38 at Sephora.

For those of you who prefer a liquid highlighter, try out Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Liquid Highlighter. This pretty pink highlight gives off more of a natural glow, and is another product that is perfect for the spring season! The product retails for $26 at Sephora.

7. Eyeshadow

Photo Credit: Temptalia

There are so many great eyeshadow palettes out there, but if I could only use one it would be the Lorac Pro Palette. The palette includes 8 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades, so you can create a variety of looks. What I like most about this palette is how it has the simple browns, but also has a few reds, blues, and purples, so you really get a mix of everything. The shadows aren’t too powdery and are easy to apply for a long-wearing look. The product retails for $44 at Ulta.

8. Eyeliner

Photo Credit: MAC

Finding a good eyeliner is important because it has to have a long staying power in order to avoid smudging. The MAC Eye Kohl does not budge, and it also has a variety of colors. My personal favorite, Costa Riche, is a rich brown color that works perfectly on the waterline. The product retails for $18 at Nordstrom.

9. Mascara

Sephora sells some of my all-time favorite mascara, including Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash, which has a curved wand to lift and curl your lashes. Though the drugstore has attempted to make a dupe of this mascara, nothing truly compares to this product. The mascara will lengthen and curl your lashes rather than volumize them. The product retails for $24 at Sephora.  

If you are looking for more of a volumizing mascara, the Too Faced Better Than Sex definitely does the job. This mascara doesn’t only give volume to your lashes, but also lengthens them, which gives it the total false lashes effect. The one downside to this product is that it tends to flake off by the end of the day, so I recommend purchasing the waterproof version. The product retails for $23 at Sephora.

10. Lips

Lip products are one item I tend to splurge on at Sephora because they have the staying power that drugstore lipsticks and glosses tend to lack. There is also more variety in high-end lippies, especially in the Nars Lip Glosses which come in 35 different colors. The glosses come in both high shine and shimmer finishes and work great as a topper for lipstick or just to wear alone. The product retails for $26.

Though I don’t wear lipstick on a daily basis, when I do, I tend to wear the Makeup Forever Artist Rouge Lipstick. With both satin and matte finishes and colors varying from red to blue, these lipsticks most importantly stay on your lips all day long. The product retails for $22 at Sephora.

As a student, it is sometimes hard to justify buying expensive makeup––especially when you can find similar products at the drugstore. However, it’s important to treat yourself to something nice sometimes, and these makeup products are a great place to start. Whether you are looking to try new makeup or just want to get something nice for yourself, these makeup items are a great place to help you find your new favorite product. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Callie is double majoring in English and Cinema and Media Studies at Boston University. Outside of writing for HerCampus, her interests include watching movies, reading, skiing, and beauty. She is a Boston native. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.