Hidden Jems: Crush Boutique and Pinkyotto

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I usually don’t have many complaints about Boston shopping; however, there is a niche of high end-moderately priced boutiques missing among the Forever 21s and Chanels. Newbury Street offers some higher end boutiques, but I still found myself searching for unique pieces at moderate prices. Enter Crush and Pinkyotto.

Crush Boutique

Located in Boston’s historic Beacon Hill district on Charles Street, Crush offers a variety of pieces that are worth investing in. Prices range from $50-$300 and the store carries lines like Alice + Olivia and Free People. Between their jean bookshelf and jewelry wall, you can’t leave the store without buying at least one piece. I personally love their unique party dresses and chain necklaces. They have a “Stitch of the Day” which is a daily look that the staff puts together as a suggestion for styling their pieces. Stop by at 131 Charles Street (about a 20 minute T ride from BU; closest T stop is Charles/MGH on the red line) and visit their website http://shopcrushboutique.com/to shop online or visit their blog.

P.S. The staff is super friendly, energetic, and overall amazing!

Pinkyotto

If the name alone wasn’t enticing enough, their window displays and store layout are incredible. Pinkyotto, located at 156 Newbury Street, offers amazing, trendy pieces at moderate prices. With gorgeous dresses starting at $50 it is worth checking out. Right now, they have amazing silk shirts, sheer dresses in amazing colors that are all to die for. In addition, their jewelry and belt collections are reasonably priced and on trend. Pinkyotto is closest to the Arlington T stop and is steps away from other amazing boutiques and restaurants, Check out their website and shop online at http://www.pinkyotto.com/

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.
Allison Milam is a sophomore at Boston University double majoring in Communications/Advertising and Sociology. After living in sunny Sarasota, Florida for her first eighteen years, Allison shipped up to Boston for a new climate and a new start. She spends most her time working with the Community Service Center, writing for the Buzz Magazine at Boston University, and participating on BU's National Student Advertising Competition's team. She has a passion for cooking, eating, and talking about food, and hopes to attend culinary school after she graduates from BU. Allison spent the summer of 2010 as the resident food writer for SRQ Magazine back home in Sarasota, and continues to do freelance. Whenever she can squeeze it in, Allison loves watching Weeds and Mad Men. Her goal is to attend as many concerts and meet as many famous people as possible while living in Boston! Allison loves living the city lifestyle and hopes to one day write for Bon Appetit magazine or work for a cutting-edge advertising agency!