Lemon_Tea_In_Hand
Lemon_Tea_In_Hand
Courtney Claassen / Spoon

Here’s the Tea — My Top 5 Woman-Owned Tea Businesses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with tea. In honor of Women’s Small Business Month, here are some amazing woman-owned online tea businesses!

Blendbee 

I’ve actually been buying tea from this company for a couple of years now. Blendbee has such a diverse range of teas, and you can even create your own custom tea blends. They also frequently offer 15% off of all orders with a recurring coupon code!

Leaves and Flowers

Leaves and Flowers is a California-based company inspired by the locally grown herbs they use in their teas. Owners Anna and Emily pride themselves in using sustainably grown and harvested ingredients and hand making their brews in small batches with care. My favorite thing about these teas is their surprising use of herbs in their blends.

Brooklyn Tea

Brooklyn Tea is such a unique company that deserves all of the hype it’s been given in recent years. They’re partnered with Tehuti Ma’at, a co-op that strives to create spaces for art, education, and healing, to provide compost for a local community garden. Probably one of the coolest aspects of their company is that they provide the history of or research on the teas they offer. All of their teas also come in fun reusable tins.

Ivy’s Tea Co.

Ivy’s Tea Co. is such an unapologetically black company. Their teas are named after black media and entertainment, with fun names like Sister Sister and C.R.E.A.M. They also offer organic, herb-infused honeys to pair with their teas.

Teas With Meaning

I love shouting out local businesses from my hometown area, and this is a business that I’m obsessed with. Teas With Meaning is based in Oakland, California, and founded by educator, tea connoisseur, and cancer survivor Kamilah Mitchell. Her love of tea and herbalism was the inspiration behind this holistic lifestyle, health, and wellness tea company, and I love that she hires former students as paid interns at all of her events.

With the pandemic hitting small businesses hard, it’s so important to try to support owners this Women’s Small Business Month!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Cameryn Richardson is a sophomore at BU, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies. Outside of writing for HCBU, she is an international peer mentor, involved in Art Club, and loves to find new restaurants and coffee shops to visit. Find her on Instagram @cvmrich!