samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Her Campus BU to Host Get With The Times Watch Party Featuring Alexis Ohanian

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This Wednesday, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Her Campus at BU will be hosting a Get With the Times Watch Party in Sargent College — free food and NYT swag provided!

The New York Times will be interviewing Alexis Ohanian, an American Internet entrepreneur and investor. As co-founder of Reddit, Alexis has permanently shaped the landscape of the web. He’s funded over 100 start-ups as a co-founder and managing partner of Initialized Capital.

On April 17, Alexis Ohanian will share his advice for young entrepreneurs, debunk the world of venture capital and investing and explore how issues like A.I. and blockchain can shake up tomorrow’s world.

The event will be broadcasted live onstage with New York Times business reporter Sapna Maheshwari. Hosted at Alexis’ alma mater, University of Virginia, it’s the latest event from Get With The Times, our live conversation series for college students.

For more information about the event, check out the Facebook event here. Make sure to RSVP here to reserve your spot and invite your friends to tag along for some empowerment and good conversation!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ariane is a senior at Boston University pursuing a dual degree in Journalism and Political Science with a minor in Public Relations. She loves exploring coffee shops and hanging out at the Harbor. When she's not writing and editing for Her Campus, Ariane talks about women's achievements on her radio show "Ladies of History."
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.