HCBU’s Sushi Restaurant Crawl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This is the perfect time of year to ditch your beloved greasy burger and pizza joints to try out some of Boston’s best sushi restaurants. Here are the top recommendations to roll with this spring.

Located right in Kenmore Square, Fin’s Japanese Sushi + Grille is the perfect venue to casually meet friends after a long day of studying or to celebrate an occasion (yes, being done with classes counts). Signature dishes include the Mexican Roll, made with spicy tuna and avocado wrapped with tobasco sauce and the Cowboy Maki, which is made with asparagus, tempura and enoki mushroom covered with broiled sirloin steak, avocado and a touch of special sesame sauce. Come into the restaurant and enjoy fun hip-hop music and great service or take-out sushi and bring it with you to a study group or class.

Newbury Street’s Snappy Sushi is a fun healthy place that every sushi-lover needs to try. The service is unbelievable and the sushi is to die for. The sushi is exclusively made with brown rice, which is less processed, more nutritious and aids in digestion. The menu offers delicious combinations of brown rice, fresh fish and vegetables, at a reasonable price. You won’t regret trying Snappy’s Triple Lunch, a roll with tuna, salmon, avocado, and cucumber wrapped in a soy sheet, served with mixed greens and seaweed salad, for just  $9.95.

Kayuga, located right on Commonwealth Avenue in West Campus, stays open everyday of the week until 1:30 am. Kayuga accommodates big groups of people throughout the night and it is also becoming a go-to spot for students to order delivery or take-out. 

Osaka Japanese Restaurant located in Coolidge Corner, is the only Hibachi restaurant in Brookline and Downtown Boston. The restaurant has two floors, which include entertaining Hibachi dining areas, quieter sushi dining areas, rooms for private functions, a sushi bar and a lounge with television entertainment and a full liquor bar. Osaka is fancy and fun for a celebratory dinner or totally appropriate for a casual lunch or a low-key dinner. 

At Fugakyu on Beacon Street in the heart of Brookline, the quality of the sushi cannot be topped. It is the largest Japanese restaurant in New England and guests feel immediately immersed with Japanese culture with the Koi pond and bamboo decorations. Yet, the high prices may not be worth it for college students. If students go for lunch, the specials are reasonably priced.

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.