Halloween Costumes To Help You Stand Out in Allston Basements

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

October is here, but more importantly Halloween is creeping around the corner. It’s that time of year where people start drinking pumpkin spice lattes and watching scary movies (or if you’re my roommate you’re listening to the song “Monster Mash” every night on repeat). No matter how you choose to celebrate the festivities of Halloween, remember it only comes once a year so make it memorable — and here is a list of costumes that will help you do just that: 

White Claw

Be the most popular drink of 2019 and you’ll be the most popular person at the party. 

Rhett the Dog

Put on some dog ears and a BU shirt and you’re ready to go. Who let Rhett the dog out?

President Brown

You could be President Brown, the highest paid president in Massachusetts, for the night. Don’t forget to throw around some dining hall bananas and cones while you’re at it.

A Comm. Ave. Cone

If you’re looking to save money on your Halloween costume, be a cone. You’ll easily find these everywhere on campus.

An Allston Rat

You’ll fit right in at Allston, but you’ll stand out in the basement. 

TITS Blackout

Wear all black with a sign that says “Tavern in the Square” and you’re a Tits blackout – everyone’s favorite Thursday activity. 

Juul

People love what they can’t have and with the new ban on Juuls in Massachusetts, everyone will be craving you. 

These costumes will undoubtedly help you stick out amongst the crowd of cats and vampires, and maybe even help you attract that cute guy dressed as Rick or Morty. On Halloween, you get to become anything that you’ve always wanted to be, so whether that’s a policeman or Comm Ave cone, embrace it. Halloween is magical, and as Aggie Cromwell from Halloweentown beautifully explained, “magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.” In many ways we wear costumes every day, not just on Halloween, and if we were to just let ourselves put on that mask we want, we could very simply make it happen. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

ielwaw@bu.edu
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.