This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Welcome back to the 10th “Grace’s New Music Roundup,” in which I listen to Spotify’s “New Music Friday” and pick my favorite tracks. This week’s list is (mostly) full of positive, happy songs to help get you through midterm season. As always, if you like these songs or want to listen to songs from previous lists, you can check out the “new music friday” playlist on my Spotify “glechy.”

“Happen To Me” by BENEE

Honestly, I first learned about this artist through TikTok. BENEE has had several songs go viral on TikTok. This track has a different tone compared to BENEE’s more upbeat songs that I have enjoyed in the past. In fact, this track is quite dark, as it discusses the fear of death. It was written by BENEE and Josh Fountain.

“Remember That Night?” by Sara Kays

This is an artist who I learned about through writing these “New Music Roundups.” Since then, I have become a fan of some of her music. Like the title of the track suggests, this song is very nostalgic in nature. It is a very chill, sad song that depicts the timeline post-breakup. This track was written by Sara Kays.

“What a Time To Be Alive” by Amy Allen and Pink Sweat$

This is yet another artist that I learned about through writing these articles. However, I have been a fan of Pink Sweat$ for a while now. Like many of the other tracks featured on this list, this track has a slower, sadder sound. This song was written by Amy Allen, Pink Sweat$, and Tyler Johnson.

“Edge of Midnight (Midnight Sky Remix)” by Miley Cyrus and Stevie Nicks

I am obsessed with Miley’s new rock sound. I think the genre suits her much better than most of previous releases. For this track, Miley teamed up with music icon Stevie Nicks, remixing Stevie’s track “Edge of Midnight” with Miley’s new song “Midnight Sky.” This track was written by Stevie Nicks, Miley Cyrus, Louis Bell, Ilsey, Jon Bellion, watt, and Ali Tompson.

“hurts to hate somebody” by ELIO

This song, like many others on this week’s list, has a very chill vibe. However, this track has a very upbeat and happy-sounding chorus. The lyrics contrast with the upbeat vibe of this sound as they tell a story about struggling with feelings of anger. This clever track was written by ELIO (WAL), Ryan Linvill & Danny Silberstein.

“Honey” by Rook Monroe

This song is the happiest song on this list. This track is a great song to drive around listening to on a sunny day. It is one of those songs that just puts a smile on your face. I had never heard of this artist before, but his music seems happy and fun, so I am interested in listening to more of his music. This track was written by Rook Monroe, Vaughn Elsas, Parrish Warrington.

“Close Enough” by Seaforth

This is another artist that I had never heard of before. Similar to the last track, this track has a very positive, happy vibe. This track is about a new relationship that is exciting, and being with someone that you never want to leave. This song was written by Seaforth.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s list! Again, check out my “new music friday” playlist on my Spotify “glechy.”

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.