This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I am back with another New Music Roundup. It feels like so many major artists released music this week. This list is a mixture of popular artists and more obscure artists. As always, check out the playlist, which has all these songs and all the songs from my other lists, on my Spotify. The playlist is “New Music Friday,” and my username is “glechy.”

“Outta Time” by Bryson Tiller & Drake

Many people have been anticipating new Bryson Tiller music. This track was certainly not a disappointment. It was written by Velous, Drake, Nineteen85, Snoh Aalegra, Paul Russell, Marcus James, 40, Josh Valle, Bryson Tiller, and Vinylz.

“Lie Like This” by Julia Michaels

I have always been a huge Julia Michaels fan. This song is very different from my favorites of hers, because it is much more upbeat. However, it still contains Michael’s incredible lyric genius. This track was written by Julia Michaels, Stefan Johnson, Michael Pollack, and Jordan K. Johnson. 

“heart won’t let me” by LANY

This track is from LANY’s new album Mama’s Boy. I highly recommend the whole album, and this song is one of my favorites. The album, and this song in particular, is perfect for any mood and great for driving. It was written by King Henry, Sasha Sloan, and Paul Klein. 

“Levitating (Remix)” by Dua Lipa & DaBaby

This is a collaboration that I was not expecting, and I wasn’t sure how to feel about it. However, I really like this song. It is quite upbeat compared to others on this list. This track was written by 

DaBaby, Dua Lipa, KOZ, Clarence Coffee Jr., and Sarah Hudson.

“say it over” by Ruel & Cautious Clay 

This track is one of the slower ones on this list; it also is one of my favorites. I tend to listen to sad music in the fall and winter, so this song fits perfectly with my other slow, sad songs. This track was Cautious Clay, Ruel, Sarah Aarons, and M-Phazes.

“Better Than We Found It” by Maren Morris

Maren Morris is one of my favorite country artists, so I was incredibly excited about this release. This sweet country song was written by Jessie Jo Dillon, Maren Morris, Laura Veltz and Jimmy Robbins.

“Haunt You” by X Lovers & chloe moriondo

This song also gives me sad, autumn vibes. These are two artists that I had never heard of before, but I am interested to listen to more of their music. This track was written by London Jackson, 

Jeff Hazin, Geoff Warburton, David Fisher, chloe moriondo, and Jacob Ames Chatelain.

“California Soil” by London Grammar 

This is yet another artist that I had never heard of; this song has perfect “driving down the PCA” vibes. It is a very chill track, and a good song to have in the background while you are doing work. This song was written by Dot Major, Daniel Rothman, and Hannah Reid.

“MEN” by deryk 

This song has a much different vibe than many of the others on this list. It is quite slow and almost has a mysterious vibe. This track was written by Justyn Pilbrow and Madeline Bradley.

“Sofia” by TMG

I just had to add this song. I am a huge fan of Cody and Noel, and this song is actually great. They need to stop acting like their songs are jokes, because they have released some bangers. This track was written by Noel Miller and Cody Ko.

I hope you all enjoyed this week’s New Music Roundup. Check out my “New Music Friday” on my Spotify “glechy”!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.