Grace’s New Music Roundup IX

Welcome back to another week of Grace’s New Music Roundup, in which I rank my favorite tracks from Spotify’s New Music Friday. In all honesty, this list is mainly tracks from Ariana Grande’s new album Positions. I have also included two tracks not by Ari, just in case you are not a fan of her work. I hope you enjoy this week’s list!

1. 1. “34 + 35” by Ariana Grande

This is definitely one of the more raunchy songs on Ari’s new album, but it is actually in my top five favorites from the album. I love the overall upbeat feel of this track. It is definitely a mood booster type of track. It was written by Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét, ProdByXavi, TBHits, Tayla Parx, Mr. Franks, Scott Nicholson, Peter Lee Johnson, and Stanaj.

2. 2. “off the table” by Ariana Grande and The Weeknd

I have been desperately waiting for another Ariana and The Weeknd collaboration, and this track did not disappoint. This is one of the more emotional songs on the album. The lyrics on this track are deep and meaningful, and the harmonies these music masterminds produce are heavenly. This track was written by Ariana Grande, The Weeknd, Travis Sayles, Shintaro Yasuda, Mr. Franks, TBHits, and James Jarvis.

3. 3. “motive” by Ariana Grande and Doja Cat

This track is another one of the best tracks off of Ariana’s new album. It is one of the more upbeat songs on the album. It also sounds like a throwback to older R&B music. I do wish Nicki was featured instead of Doja Cat, but that is just me being picky. This track was written by Ariana Grande, Doja Cat, Murda Beatz, and London on da Track.

4. 4. “Never the 1” by ROSIE

This song is for someone who might not be a fan of Ariana, but who still wants new music. This is a great breakup song by an artist that I had never heard of before listening to this track. This track also has a very nostalgic vibe. It was written by ROSIE. 

5. 5. “Plain” by BENEE, Lily Allen, Flo Milli

This is another track if you (by some chance) do not like Ariana’s music or her new album. I am obsessed with every artist on this song, so I am not shocked that I love it. It was written by BENEE, Lily Allen, Flo Milli, Jenna Andrews, Josh Fountain, and Djeisan Suskov.

6. 6. “shut up” by Ariana Grande 

From what I have seen on social media, most people are not the biggest fans of this song. I do not know what it is, but I am obsessed with this track, and I would place it in my top three favorites off of the album. This song is just the perfect vibey, chill song, and I love the instrumental. This track was written by Ariana Grande, Mr. Franks, TBHits, James Jarvis, Peter Lee Johnson, Travis Sayles, and Nija.

7. 7. “safety net” by Ariana Grande and Ty Dolla $ign

This is my favorite song off the album. I am obsessed with this song. It is one of the slower more emotional songs off the album. The first verse of this track contains some of my favorite lyrics from the whole album. It was written by Ariana Grande, Ty Dolla $ign, Sylus, Leon Thomas III, Khristopher Riddick-Tynes, TBHits, Mr. Franks, London on da Track, James Jarvis, and Nija.

Again, I hope you enjoyed this list! Check out the playlist I made with all of these songs and songs from previous lists on my “New Music Friday” playlist on my Spotify “glechy.” Also, stream Positions!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!