This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I am back at it again with another New Music Roundup. Like last week, I listened to Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist and chose my top 10 favorite songs. There are some amazing tracks on this week’s list and I highly recommend checking them out yourself. Check out my full New Music Friday playlist on my Spotify account “glechy.”

“My Windows” —  by YoungBoy Never Broke Again feat. Lil Wayne

I have always enjoyed Lil Wayne’s music, so I was very excited about his feature on this song. Written by Lil Wayne and YoungBoy Never Broke Again, this track is more upbeat than many of the others on this list.

“Don’t Start Now” —  by Ingrid Andress

Unlike the other songs on this list, this track is a gorgeous cover of Dua Lipa’s “Don’t Start Now.” Ingrid turns this upbeat pop song into a gorgeous slow song. Ingrid’s voice fits the song perfectly making this an amazing cover of the original pop bop. 

“as long as you care” – by Ruel

I have listened to a few of Ruel’s songs before, but I have never been able to fully get into his music. This track, however, is one of my favorites on this list and has been added to my monthly playlist. This song just makes me smile. This track was written by M-Phazes and Ruel. 

“Kamikaze” – by Omar Apollo

This track gives me Khalid/Bazzi vibes. It is a very chill song. I had never heard of Omar Apollo before, but I am now curious about what his other music is like. This song was written by Omar Apollo.  

“Loud” – by Delilah Montagu

This is another chill song by another artist that I had never heard of. This track is about a toxic relationship that she can’t seem to get away from. It was written by Delilah Montagu and Robin Hannibal.

“GO FAST BABY” – by Raissa

This is another artist that I had never heard of. This track might be my favorite from this week’s New Music Friday. It is more intense and upbeat than many of the other songs on this list. Her voice fits this song perfectly. This track was written Raissa. 

“Better in College” – by Robert DeLong feat. Ashe 

This is another more upbeat song. This track is about a couple that is reminiscing about how their relationship was different and better in college, hence the name. Ashe’s feature makes this song even better. 

“Roster” – by Bailey Bryan

This track is another chill song, but it is about someone who likes someone who does not like them back. This song was written by Santana, Jonathan Alcibiades, Joe Ginsberg, and Bailey Bryan. 

“Drinking Wine” – by Oscar Lang

This song has a very different vibe from the other songs on this list. It sounds like it’s from another era of music. It was written by Oscar Lang. 

“Chemicals” – by The Vamps

I had not listened to a The Vamps song in ages, but I saw this song on New Music Friday and was intrigued. This track is about being completely infatuated with someone. It was written by Bradley Simpson, James McVey, Connor Ball, Tristan Evans, LOSTBOY, and Tom Mann. 

As always, feel free to check out these songs as well as some others that did not make the list on the New Music Friday playlist on my Spotify, “glechy.”

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.