Going Out as an Upperclassman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Okay, you’ve been working hard…

…really hard.

And you’re been waiting patiently for a weekend where you’re not at your job, or looking for internships for the summer.

Maybe it’s not the perfect night, but you’ll make it work.

You’ve made the decision.

You’re really gonna do this.

You justify to yourself how much you deserve this, yet you still have moments of panic while thinking about everything you have to do this weekend.

Eh, you’ll just do it tomorrow.

You start to get excited about this, okay maybe this is going to be as fun as it used to be.

You find out about some plans, they always sound so fun.

You text your friends to come out with you.

Now, time to get ready.

You get lazy halfway through and end up not really caring what you look like.

Okay, it’s time to get amped up. You’re really doing this.

This is a lot harder than you thought.

Maybe you should just go to sleep.

No you’re doing this.

You leave the comfort of your home, immediately questioning your decision.

You make it to a party and immediately realize everyone here is younger than you.

You try to make conversation with someone, but you really just want someone to turn the music down.

You decide you’ll get a drink.

“All we have is Natty Ice, but it’s kind of warm.”

Everyone’s hooking up around you, while you just think about the fact that you have work tomorrow.

You’re just so sleepy from the week.

You make the executive decision to slip out though the back.

You order pick up from T. Anthony’s on the way home.

Finally, you make promises to your bed to never leave it again.

I'm a Film and Television major in the college of Communications with a minor in Women's Studies at Boston University. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky. Find me on Instagram: @taylormedford_19
Giana Grimaldi is the Integrated Marketing Director at Her Campus Media, overseeing client services and campaign execution for leading national brands across the company’s digital, experiential and community platforms. Prior to joining Her Campus Media, Giana assisted with the development and implementation of several PR campaigns in the energy, financial services and nonprofit sectors as an Account Coordinator on the Public Relations team at Rasky Partners. Giana attended Boston University, where she studied Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and was also a chapter president of Her Campus at BU. Giana loves all things music, social media, food, and reality TV. When she's not at work, you can find her at the gym, watching Netflix, making the perfect Spotify playlist, or spending hours scrolling through TikTok videos. Follow her on Instagram @_gianamaria.