Getting in the Hallmark Holi-Drama Spirit

Well, ladies. It’s that time of year again. Leaves have fallen. Snow is on the weather predictor. And Hallmark Holiday movies are back. Yes. ‘Tis the season for holi-dramas. And we are here for it. So without further adieu, let’s talk about the made-for-tv Holiday movies — both new and old — that you need to be watching this season. 

1. 1. Let it Snow

Where to Watch: Netflix

Released this past week Let it Snow is the newest Netflix holi-drama. I so highly recommend. It’s like Love Actually, but with relatable teen voices — what more could we ask for?

2. 2. A Royal Christmas

Where to Watch: Hallmark

Ha. Netflix wasn’t the first to combine romance and royalty. If you thought A Christmas Prince was good (or hilarious), wait until you see this one. 

3. 3. A Very Merry Mix-Up

Where to Watch: Hallmark

This is such a cringe-worthy situation (no spoilers, but trust me). There’s a reason it remains one of Hallmark’s highest-ranking holiday movies (and there’s a lot of them)!

4. 4. Every Day is Christmas

Where to Watch: Lifetime

Now, I’ll be the first to admit that a lot of these movies have very similar plots and, at times, very similar-looking casts. While Every Day is Christmas tells the story of yet another workaholic, it does bring something new to the holi-drama scene… Toni Braxton. I know, I know. But it’s true. Every Day is Christmas premiered last year and stars R&B superstar Toni Braxton.

5. 5. Road to Christmas

Where to Watch: Hallmark

It’s Chad Michael Murray. Yes, from A Cinderella Story! Yes, from One Tree Hill! Yes, from your junior high (it’s okay to admit) dreams! Also, all of my COM girls, Road to Christmas details a competition between two producers, new and old. It’s just really good. If not for the romance, the context. 

6. 6. Christmas Cupid

Where to Watch: Freeform

It’s more Chad Michael Murray! But, this time, he’s with Christina Milian. So, that’s fun.

7. 7. Holiday in Handcuffs

Where to Watch: Freeform

It’s an oldie but a goodie. Starring the greatest teenage witch to have ever lived, Melissa Joan Hart, and Slater from Saved by the Bell, this movie is really a work of art. In all their years of holiday movie-making, Freeform (formerly known as ABC Family) has yet to top this movie. 

8. 8. A Christmas Love Story

Where to Watch: Hallmark on December 7

Kristin Chenoweth stars in this year’s Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas film. Put it on your calendar because it is sure to have us singing for joy.

9. 9. Holiday Date

Where to Watch: Hallmark on December 14th

This year Hallmark is releasing its first Hanukkah-themed movies EVER. Holiday Date happens to be one of them. The channel’s attempts at inclusivity may be long overdue, but the new movies are certainly a step in the right direction. 

So now you may know what to watch, but you need to know where you can watch it. Well, folks, we have you covered. You can click here for a full listing of Hallmark's Holiday countdown films! And here for the Lifetime list. Happy holi-drama season!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!