This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you find yourself processing the different things the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting, you’re probably worried about your favorite Boston small businesses. From bookstores to cafes, so many businesses are currently being challenged by the rules of social distancing and will probably undergo even more trials as normalcy slowly starts to take over again. Lucky for you, the internet is a thing and there are a few ways to help support your spots in Beantown.

Brookline Booksmith

If you find yourself missing this Brookline staple and are also in need of a new book or journal, you can feed two birds with one scone. Brookline Booksmith is shipping for free — yes free shipping — so that you can have the comfort of a good read knowing you’re helping out a great bookstore! And if you’re a fan of their Used Book Cellar, fear not: those pages are available online too.

Blackbird Doughnuts

Any BU kid who has done a big CityTarget run knows how delicious the sweet treats of the neighboring Blackbird Doughnuts are (especially with their ice cream sammies during summertime). Though the shop isn’t open at this time, Blackbird has a great merch store online for superfans that want to rep their logo. But the best offer on the site has to be their gift cards: all proceeds go to their furloughed employees.

Pavement Coffeehouse

BU Central Pavement has been there for nearly every terrier throughout their college career, so now it’s our time to be there for the coffeehouse. Pavement’s website offers its delicious coffee in the form of whole bean bags and instant coffee. You can even send your bestie a sweet coffee box subscription to let them know you miss study dates. There’s no time like social distancing to jumpstart your barista career with the coffee you already love and trust. 

Flour

If there’s one Boston-based company that’s doing the most to support their staff, it has to be Flour. Although all Flour locations have closed, their awesome online store is giving Flour fans  a little taste of their go-to cafe. From aprons and spiced pecans to all of chef and owner Joanne Chang’s cookbooks, you can have a little reminder of this spot. The best part is that all proceeds from any purchase go to their staff support fund.

Hopefully, this list has given you some ideas of how to support your favorite Boston spots!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.