Former BU Student Roi Lee Combines Fashion and Philanthropy with Angela & Roi Hanbags

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Angela & Roi is the newest handbag brand on the fashion scene and is definitely something to look out for. The bags have a unique style and interesting story. The company combines philanthropy with style in a fun and affordable way. Angela & Roi is going to be the hottest trend this season.

Angela & Roi has a special connection to Boston University because one of its founders, Roi Lee, is a former BU student, while the other founder, Angela Lee, studied at Northeastern. The self-made company works closely with a manufacture team in Korea to personally design and ensure beautiful products. These bags are unique because they are made of vegan leather and only come in five different styles ranging from evening clutches to work totes. The bags come in many colors for any type of personality. Affordability is key for the target client, working women and college students, with prices ranging from $62-$139. You can quickly and efficiently order your bag on their newly renovated website angelaroi.com.

Through the Donate by Color campaign, Angela & Roi donates a portion of all sales is donated to certain philanthropies. Each bag also comes with a trademark colored ribbon that corresponds to the chosen philanthropy. If you check the website you can see what color ribbon is associated with which cause. For example, the red ribbon is for AIDS. When you sport this bag, conversations will flow over what the ribbon means. This truly is fashion for a cause. 

What I find most unique about this handbag line is that the models for the Facebook page are actual college students. A model search is conducted every month to find girls in the Boston area to represent the brand. This is a great way to advertise the bags in a relatable manner. Two of my very own friends modeled for this line and the pictures came out amazing.

Angela and Roi really care about customer satisfaction, and they just recently had a focus group to receive feedback on the merchandise. Everyone should check out these fabulous and influential bags by going to AngelaRoi.com. You can also like them on Facebook at facebook.com/angelaNroi and follow them on Twitter for updates at @AngelaRoiBee.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."