This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It is officially springtime! Spring is when people take off their big winter coats and are able to play around with their style more. Personally, I’m super excited to be able to try out new trends and show off my personal style now that I don’t have to be bundled up in winter clothes. Here are five trends that I expect to see more of on-campus now that spring has sprung!

1. Unique sunglasses.

Everybody on BU’s campus wears sunglasses while walking up and down Commonwealth Avenue. Honestly, it’s a good way to disguise the bags under your eyes after a long night of studying. I’ve been seeing a lot of mirrored Ray-Bans in different shapes, colored frames, and cat-eye sunglasses. Colored lenses are also having a moment, such as red, blue, and green. I’m excited to try out the colored lenses trend on Marathon Monday! My sunglass wish list includes these cool round frames from Urban Outfitters and these really unique geometric sunglasses from Forever 21.

2. Platform shoes.

Platform shoes are still in style from the fall. There are so many different versions of platform shoes — sneakers, espadrilles, and sandals. Vans have really cute, geometrical designs this season. I personally really like platform shoes because they give me extra height. I usually wear them with jeans or leggings. Superga has a lot of canvas platform sneakers which are super cute, too. My favorite picks this season are these light blue canvas Supergas from Urban Outfitters and these trendy metallic platform sandals from Forever 21.

3. Slogan T-shirts.

Everybody is wearing slogan t-shirts this season! I’ve seen so many people wearing them with their own spin: distressed, cropped, political – you name it. Some slogans I’ve seen include “feminist,” “Aries,” and “original.” I have my eye on this slogan t-shirt from Urban Outfitters because I like that the sayings are in French. I find that slogan t-shirts are a good way to express your opinions and style. Pair the t-shirt with a cute pair of jeans and some sneakers and you’re good to go during the day or wear it with a cute skirt for a nice night time look.

4. Body jewelry.

Rings, ankle bracelets, and small necklaces are really popular. I’ve seen a lot of people wearing stackable rings and ankle jewelry. Also, there’s been a lot of horoscope themed jewelry for sale lately. I’ve also noticed that the small necklaces usually have a little saying or a person’s name. I’ve recently been wearing my horoscope sign, Aries, around my neck. I got it here at Urban Outfitters. I’ve seen a lot of people wearing small, delicate jewelry with little hearts, moons, and other individualized, meaningful touches. I’m also really digging this little necklace that says “love more” from Urban Outfitter.

5. Gingham.

Gingham is having a moment! I’ve seen so many different stores selling gingham print dresses, skirts, tennis shoes, and shirts. Urban Outfitters is selling pink and white gingham sweatshirt and sweatpant sets, white and black gingham tennis shoes, and gingham cutout dresses. I’m so obsessed with this set from Urban Outfitters right now. Also, these navy gingham flats from Forever 21 are so, so cute and so on trend. It seems like gingham is transitioning from a preppy print to a more hipster look.

Happy spring, everyone! Go try out one of these trends!

***All photos are from urbanoutfitters.com

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hometown: St. Paul, MN City Editor at the BU Buzz
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.