This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Aaaahhhh February: a time where love of all sorts is in the air. Platonic best friend love, romantic love, self-love, and everything in between. Valentine’s Day is sure to have you in the mood to celebrate and appreciate it all. If you’re lacking some tunes to express how your heart is feeling, I’ve got a little v-day treat in store for you. Here are five great songs that may express how you feel love!

“Velvet Light” by Jakob Ogawa

This sweet song is perfect for daydreaming about all of the things that make your heart beat as you walk to class. It’s not a super aggressive love song, but it will surely call to mind the people that hold a place in your heart.

“Motion” by Emotional Oranges

This tune will definitely be a hit on your Galentine’s or Valentine’s Day get together! It is super dance-friendly, with a fun beat and very flirty lyrics. If you’re feeling daring, send it over to the person you’ve been crushing on and see what their thoughts are.

“Adore You” by Harry Styles

This song is honestly just a shoutout to all the lingering Directioners of the world. While the boys may not be putting out hits together anymore, Harry is still showing us that we deserve to be loved and adored, even by “boyband” boys that really don’t exist anymore.

“Prune, You Talk Funny” by Gus Dapperton

If you’re an alternative-bedroom-pop fan, this is your jam. Gus Dapperton’s strangely beautiful tune gives a sweet example of how personal and unique love can be. Plus, it’s the perfect combination of thoughtful lyrics and a cute beat.

“Feels Like a Dream” by Emilee

This affectionate song is for all of the lovers (platonic and romantic) who are feeling happy about the people in their lives. It expresses the dreaminess of a good relationship, especially how it feels too good to be true.

Do you have any Valentine’s Day song suggestions you’d like to share? Sound off on our social media platforms! We’d love to see your favorites!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.