Five Fall Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

1. Modern Plaid 

Plaid has officially made a comeback collegiettes! Seen all over fashion week in dresses, skirts, tops, and coats, designers have gone mad for plaid. Whether you want to look schoolgirl or chic, plaid is a great option. 

2. A-Line

The A-Line dress is true classic and an absolute must-have. Depending on the occasion, you can dress it up and make it stylish and sophisticated or dress it down for a more casual look. 

3. Metallic

Designers couldn’t get enough of metallic on the runways. I confess, like many others, my wardrobe consists of mostly black, but it is time to step up our game. These new designs are the perfect excuse to add some shine into our outfits. If you aren’t ready to rock a full metallic ensemble, start slow and mix and match pieces to create a new and fun look for fall. 

4. Retro Accessories

If you are looking to make a statement, these retro accessories are exactly what you are looking for. Let the hat be the center of attention and pair it with a simple outfit. 

5. Over The Knee Boots 

If you are going to buy one pair of shoes this season make sure it’s a pair of over-the-knee boots! Both sexy and stylish, these boots are extremely versatile. You can rock them with a dress for a night out or pair them with a chunky sweater for during the day.

Brianne is a junior at BU where she is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in going out Monday-Sunday. She refers to Vogue as her bible, is addicted to instagram and the Real Housewives, and considers mimosas to be a food group.