Five Activities To Immediately Get You In The Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With Thanksgiving in the rearview mirror, it is finally time to get into the holiday spirit! Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other holiday, it truly is the most festive time of the year. We are all in need of some holiday magic, so here are five activities that will immediately get you feeling warm, cozy, and in the holiday spirit.

Make and decorate cookies 

Cookie decorating is always a staple of the holiday season. Yummy flavors like gingerbread, peppermint, and chocolate make any cookie creation one of the most delicious holiday traditions. It is also so much fun to tap into your inner artist and get creative with your creations. Who doesn’t love eating holiday cookies?

Look at the holiday lights and decorations

Going to look at outdoor lights and decorations nearby is a great way to enjoy the holidays while socially distanced. Many stores in the Boston area put up beautiful decorations in the windows. Stores on the far end of Newbury Street like Channel, Cartier, and Victoria’s Secret, are all great places to check out. If you venture over to Brookline, there are many beautifully decorated homes to look at.

Listen to festive music

Nothing is better at putting you into the holiday spirit than listening to some holiday music. Whether it’s a classic Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You, or something newer, put on whatever makes you feel, the best and have a miniature dance party!

Watch all of your favorite seasonal movies

Snuggle up, grab your hot cocoa, and turn on your favorite holiday movie. Whether it’s a Holiday Classic like It’s a Wonderful Life or something new like Hulu’s Happiest Season, movies are one of the best ways to get excited about upcoming Holiday traditions both new and old. If you want to enjoy the movie with your friends, but also want to be safe, set up a Netflix Party and have a fun night together.

Do a Secret Santa exchange

No matter what holiday you celebrate, it is always fun to do some sort of gift exchange like the classic “Secret Santa.” It is always so much fun to give gifts and watch your friends’ reactions!

Holiday spirit isn’t canceled! While the holidays might look a little bit different this year, there are still so many ways to make the most of the season.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sophie is a freshman at Boston University studying Political Science with a minor in Journalism. From upstate NY, her hobbies include competitive figure skating, traveling, finding new places to eat in Boston, and anything outdoors! You can find her on insta @sophiesk81 !