Fashion Inspired By Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Horoscopes are suddenly all the rage again and whether or not you’re a true believer you can still look to the stars for some fun style inspiration. From bold and vibrant fire signs to soft and bohemian air signs, there’s a ton of different ways to channel your personal style into your astrological personality. 

Aries   (Mar 21 – Apr 19): 

The start of the zodiac, Aries is a fire sign known for having a competitive edge and never-ending enthusiasm. Perfect pieces to show off the passion and boldness of an Aries include red dresses, leather jackets, and combat boots. Aries are also ruled by the head so definitely experiment with some daring hats and headbands!  

Taurus   (Apr 20 – May 20): 

Taurus’s are most well known for their hardworking, resourceful nature and the best way to channel that ambition into fashion is by pairing together classic, structured items like a white t-shirt and fitted blazer. Keep the look casual chic by pairing it with a great pair of dark skinny jeans.  

Gemini   (May 21 – June 20): 

Gemini’s are the charmers of the zodiac, always drawing people to them through their sense of adventure and charismatic nature. As the sign of The Twins, they’re also well known for having dual personalities and hidden layers. If you want to show off the diversity of the Gemini spirit try out a printed maxi dress in a bright color like pink or orange! 

Cancer   (June 21 – July 22):  

Cancers are typically traditionalists and they try to reflect this in their fashion by incorporating pieces with vintage cuts and details like peter pan collars or sturdy A-line skirts. Try keeping outfits to a more muted color palette of black, greys, and soft jewel tones. 

Leo  (July 23 – Aug 22): 

Another fire sign, Leos are known for their love of the spotlight. Channel that lion confidence with daring cutouts and glamorous jewelry. Anything gold is a perfect match for a luxurious Leo. 

Virgo   (Aug 23 – Sept 22):  

Down-to-earth Virgos value comfort and versatility in their wardrobes, looking for items that can be worn season after season and layered in many different ways. That’s why a casual t-shirt that dress is the perfect Virgo basic for pairing with jean jackets, flannels, and adorable flats. 

Libra  (Sept 23 – Oct 22):   

Libra’s love to live life focusing on the present, which means their style, is always super trendy. But a Libra’s love of balance also means they’ll only want to embrace one trend per outfit to avoid looking overwhelmed. Libras should definitely be the first to try out some of Fall 2015’s biggest styles like suede skirts or fringed booties.   

Scorpio  (Oct 23 – Nov 21):  

Born late into autumn, Scorpios are known for their dark, passionate nature, often invoking an almost “spooky” vibe. Scorpios are drawn to darker colors and rich fabrics like velvet in order to give their outfits a subtle sense of sex appeal. 

Sagittarius  (Nov 22 – Dec 21): 

The optimistic nature of the Sagittarius makes getting dressed every morning feel like a fun adventure. They hate to repeat the exact same outfits twice so they love incorporating a wide range of statement bags, sunglasses, and scarves into their looks.  

Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19): 

The last of the earth signs, Capricorns are all about practicality and elegance. They love dresses with simple silhouettes and are also particularly drawn to the structure of menswear inspired pieces like ties and oxfords.  

Aquarius  (Jan 20 – Feb 18): 

Aquarius are often considered the most naturally creative souls in the zodiac, full of artistic energy. Aquarius would probably be the sign most interested in digging through thrift shop bins to score one-of-a-kind bargains. A fun way to show off this eclectic nature is by mixing two unexpected patterns and piling on the accessories.   

Pisces (Feb 19 – March 20): 

The Pices reputation as imaginative daydreamers makes them naturally drawn to clothes with whimsical romantic details. A great way for a Pisces to embrace a fairytale style in their everyday life is by choosing dramatic feminine fabrics like tulle or silk.  

So next time you’re looking through your favorite magazine for outfit inspiration, tear yourself away from the photo shoots for a moment and flip to the horoscope section! You’ll thank us later!

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis