Fashion Forecast: The Best Looks From New York Fashion Week For Every Woman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

New York Fashion week – our favorite time of the year – has come and gone, leaving in its wake a flurry of fabulous fashions to covet. Although colder temperatures are near, we can’t wait for a new season of shorter hemlines and breezy silhouettes. From cool halter hoodies to fun vacation prints, we’ve rounded up the best looks from NWFW to satiate every style enthusiast’s tastes. Cue the spring/summer nostalgia.

1. For the dreamer – Marc Jacobs

Although you may opt out of sporting the crazy dreads, this eclectic look will add the perfect amount of whimsy to your wardrobe. Over the knee socks paired with a fun platform heel or Mary Jane will set the tone off right. Donning a Victorian-esque dress – complete with lace detail and a tied neckline – will contribute an air of old age elegance to the look.

1. For the romantic – Marchesa

Soft elegance littered the runway in pieces reminiscent of a ballerina’s costume. With loads of tulle and ruffled detail, Marchesa illustrated that romance is all the rage for spring/summer. Emulate this soiree-inspired ensemble with a feminine silhouette and ruffled detail. Sheer materials will create that effortless quality, while loads of layering create dimensionality.

1. For the minimalist – Brandon Maxwell

Monochromatic magic has never looked so good. Take notes from Maxwell’s stunning collection by choosing a plunging one piece and matching blazer for an unconventional take on the classic suit. Sleek materials like silk will amp up sophistication in an already streamlined look.

1. For the beach bum – Tory Burch

For those who finds themselves on sandy shores or poolside more often than not, the less the clothing the better. Two piece ensembles are oh so chic for anyone daring to bare to some skin. A fun, flirty pattern is merely the clincher.  

1. For the athlete – DKNY

Functionality meets style in these beautiful pieces from DKNY. Inspired by looks seen on the courts, the collection featured a range of sturdy designs including dresses with hoodies and cool platform sneakers. Ultimately, its all fun and games for DKNY, who pairs daring front slits and shorter hemlines. Easily emulate this look with pieces equal parts sexy and sporty.

1. For the rocker chick – Coach

Leather, studs, and fringe oh my! Grunge meets pretty in Coach’s latest collection designed to satisfy your inner rebel. Yet every wild child has a soft side: floral patterns pair perfectly with harsher constructions for looks that are simple to recreate from existing items in your wardrobe.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.