jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Skincare You Need to Incorporate into Your Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It is about that time of the year when everyone’s skin starts acting up. The weather bounces between frigid and steamy from day to day, and you need to prevent your skin from freaking out.

Check out these steps to combat autumnal skin issues!  

Multitask with a Sleep Mask

What college student doesn’t love to save time? Slather on a gracious layer on your face and neck before bed and wake up with perfectly hydrated skin.

Try: Sephora Sleep Mask Pods

Bonus: You can find formulas for every type of skin out there!

I Need, You Need, We ALL Need Eye Cream

Sleep deprivation may be normal during midterm season, but you don’t necessarily want everyone to see the proof in your under eye bags. Eye cream also acts as an anti-aging preventative. Use under and above your eyes and apply in an upward motion to avoid tugging the delicate area.

Try: Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

Bonus: This pot lasts forever because you only need the teeniest amount every night.

SPF, Even If It’s Not Summer

Fall may have some gloomy, dull days, but that does not mean you can skip the SPF. However, it has been proven that clouds amplify the damaging UV rays, which puts your skin at a greater risk. Avoid any skin damage by using a comfortable sunscreen on your face, neck and chest.

Try: Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protector

Bonus: Its unique formula prevents particulate matter found in the city air from settling into your skin. And it’s oil-free!

Good Makeup Remover Wipes

We’ve all been there. After a long night of studying or partying, you can’t be bothered to go to the sink to start your in-depth skin routine. Instead of reaching for the cheapest option, spend a few more dollars on nicer quality makeup remover wipes. Cheaper options are often abrasive and soaked in a long list of nasty chemicals.

Try: Tarte Fresh Eyes Maracuja Oil Makeup Removing Wipes

Bonus: These are only three more dollars than the Neutrogena ones, and your skin will feel super happy and moisturized after using them.

I am an Atlanta-raised writer living in Boston. I have had a fixation with magazines, pop culture and styling my whole life.
    Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.