Face Mask Recommendations from a Skincare Junkie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I love face masks; I do them all the time. After a night out, I’ll go home and mask. On Saturday mornings, I’m masking. After school, I’ll most likely be masking and doing homework. To me, there’s nothing better than a face mask that works; however, that can be hard to find. Face masks come in all different textures, scents, and colors. I’ve recommended three of my favorite masks ahead: a clay masked mask, a charcoal based mask, and a probiotic-based mask. Read on to find the best mask for your skin!

1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing Facial Mask

This mask is the bomb. Seriously, it pulls everything out of your pores. The mask comes as a powder, and I recommend mixing it with apple cider vinegar to make a paste. Water can be used instead of ACV, but ACV has more healing and antibacterial properties. Plus, the clay does not mix as well with water. This mask should be left on the skin for fifteen to twenty minutes, and don’t be surprised when your skin is beet red after removing the mask. Don’t worry, it’s temporary. The clay is very intense and blood rushes to your skin. It sounds scary, but the results are worth it. For best results, use two to three times a week. 

2. Skin Wise Organics Purifying Detox Masque

This mask is a rather new find for me. I’ve been using it for about three weeks, and I must say the results are impressive. My skin is brighter and more radiant. It’s charcoal colored and has little exfoliating beads. There is no scent. I like the lightness of this mask. The Aztec Secret clay mask feels very heavy and intense, but this one feels more spa-like.  

3. Tula’s Probiotic Exfoliating Treatment Mask

Tula makes great skincare products. Their use of probiotic technology is cutting-edge and brilliant. I love all their products, but in particular, I love their exfoliating mask. It’s light blue, has mini beads for exfoliation, and goes on smoother than the other two masks. I’ve been using this mask since April, and the results are always wonderful. My skin is brighter, more even, and smoother after every use. It’s the perfect starter mask. 

I think everyone should hop on the face mask bandwagon. Next up, I’d like to see face masks to wear to the gym. I know I’m down…are you?

Hometown: St. Paul, MN City Editor at the BU Buzz
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.