Events To Look Forward To Around Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.
  1. Chinese New Year: Lion Dance Parade (Sunday, March 1)

This is the largest celebration of the year in Boston, Chinatown. Experience the streets full of lion dancers, firecrackers, delicious food and performances. There will be beautiful red paper lanterns all over Chinatown, and of course, you don’t have to be Chinese to join in on all the fun!

1. Saint Patrick’s Day Parade (Sunday, March 15)

Join the rest of Boston at the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade, where there will be colorful floats, Irish pipe and drum bands. Get to be a part of the enthusiastic crowd and see how the Irish party. All you have to do is wear green!

1. Steve Aoki at the House of Blues (Tuesday, March 17)

Looking forward to literally dancing the night away? If you love Steve Aoki and EDM concerts, definitely go to this. Steve Aoki is a Japanese-American electro house musician and we are lucky enough to have him come to Boston while he’s on tour right now. He was named Best Party Rocker DJ by BPM Magazine as well as Best DJ of the Year by Paper Magazine!

1. Design Week (Thursday, March 19 – Sunday, March 29)

Boston Design Week consists of events, openings, exhibitions and activities all around Boston. Lasting a total of 10 days, this event shows aspects of design such as photography, interior designing, fashion, graphic design, studio design, jewelry, sculpture and so much more!

1. Boston Marathon (Monday, April 20)

This year, the 119th Boston Marathon is back. This marathon is one of Boston’s biggest events. Whether you want to support and cheer on the runners or participate as a runner yourself, there is so much patriotic spirit in the air. Get a feel of the “Boston Strong” atmosphere.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.