Erin Sachse: BU’s Jewelry Designer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Hailing from Los Angeles, Erin Sachse has brought her hand-made jewelry business, Eriness, over to the East coast.  Erin specializes in making bracelets that she refers to as Daisy Chain Bracelets.  Recently, she started a collection of anklets, with the same design, as well as a line of chunky Buddha beaded bracelets.  Her business has grown in recent years, and Eriness pieces are sold in stores all over the country.

The summer before her freshman year at BU, Erin started to get serious about jewelry making.  “It all really just started as a hobby, said Erin, “At the time, selling my jewelry didn’t even cross my mind.”  Erin had been experimenting with different jewelry making techniques ever since childhood, but did not realize where her talent would take her.

After making a bracelet for herself and receiving many compliments from friends, people instantly began to ask for them.  Before she could even think about what this hobby could turn into, word began to spread about the bracelets and a buyer from Fred Segal in Los Angeles approached her about making a line for the store.  Soon after, Eriness expanded even further as pieces sold in stores across the country, including New York, Miami, Austin and Seattle.

In order to make her jewelry, Erin has to get materials from all over the US.  “The best place to get any jewelry material is from local Gem Shows. I try to constantly find new semi-precious stones and 14k diamond pieces so that my designs are always changing,” she said.  As Erin takes pride in finding the right stones and crafting each piece of jewelry to perfection, the creation of her bracelets and anklets are accomplishments in themselves.

As a talented jewelry maker, Erin has sold over 700 bracelets, whether it is through in-store sales or personal contact with clients.  “I don’t have a specific plan for the future yet as everything has happened extremely organically.   I’m going to keep making new innovative types of jewelry so my collection will grow,” said Erin. With a positive outlook for her business venture, a bright future definitely awaits Erin and her jewelry. 

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."