Elie Saab – The Star of Paris Fashion Week SS 17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

You’ve probably seen his drool-worthy ball gowns all over Tumblr and Instagram and your dreams. Well pinch yourself and prepare for this show. Models (including Gigi and Karlie) strutted down a pink and purple glitter runway, clad in outfits that could have just as easily been rocked in a disco. Stars were prevalent throughout the collection as were see-through skirts, shiny slip-style evening gowns, and plunging necklines. There was a refreshing mix of structured and flowy pieces, from a glittering blazer to a tiered fringe skirt. Baseball caps that matched the gowns brought an interesting casual twist for a designer famed for his couture collections. The 70’s trend is clearly still going strong, and I, for one, am not complaining.

This outfit started the show off with a bang. The star motif is clear from the start, from the jewelry to the shoes. The matching dress and blazer somehow isn’t overwhelming, and those glasses are to die for.

If this was considered business formal, I’d love going to meetings.

The stars make their way onto dreamy dresses.

Love the rivet detailing. It adds a structured element to the more relaxed fit of the pieces.

It wouldn’t be an Elie Saab show without gorgeous gowns.

*all photos from Vogue.com*

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.