Life > Experiences

Eight Couples Halloween Costumes Perfect for You and Your Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The pandemic may prevent Halloween 2020 from looking the way it has in past years, but just because parties and trick-or-treating are cancelled, it doesn’t mean you can’t still rock an awesome costume. Dress up with your roommate instead! Because you two don’t have to social distance, you can take the cutest pictures of your costumes to post on Instagram. Here’s some ideas of costumes to do in a pair this Halloween.

Salt and Pepper

This one’s pretty easy, because all you need is one all-white outfit and an all-black outfit, with labels to complete the look.

Angel and Devil

Similar to salt and pepper, you just need all-white and all-red outfits. Accessorize with a halo and some devil horns.

Mike and Sully from “Monsters Inc.”

Another easy one! Grab an oversized green t-shirt for Mike and a blue one for Sully. Add some purple polka dots to the blue shirt, and you’re all set. Have a third roommate? Grab a pink t-shirt and purple leggings to go as Boo and complete the trio.

Cher and Dionne from “Clueless”

This one may require a little shopping, but the yellow and black plaid outfit pieces will fit perfectly into your regular fall wardrobe rotation. This one’s also great if you have a third roommate, too: she can go as Tai.

Velma and Daphne from “Scooby Doo”

This is another classic costume that you may be able to make with items you already have. Grab an orange turtleneck, brown skirt, and glasses for Velma, and a purple dress or sweater with a green scarf for Daphne.

The Sun and the Moon

This costume is a great excuse to wear the holographic clothes you bought once and then never had a reason to wear. Anything gold or silver (and also sparkly) would work great, and you’ll definitely catch people’s eyes with any photos you post.

Betty and Veronica from “Riverdale”

This one is great if you’re blonde and your best friend is a brunette (or vice versa.) And if you have a redheaded friend, she can join the group costume as Cheryl.

The Twins from “The Shining”

Into the scarier side of Halloween? The twins from The Shining are a classic spooky season costume that’s sure to scare away all of your floormates.

No matter what you decide to wear this spooky season, make sure to have Covid-safe fun with whoever you’re living with. Happy Halloween!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Gabrielle is a senior studying English at Boston University. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her listening to Taylor Swift, reading a romance novel, or exploring new places in Boston. You can follow her on insta @gabriellepeck15.